Friday, July 31, 2009

Surviving

We ended up staying at my Dad's for 2 days and it felt wonderful being in an air conditioned home, I was ecstatic. We hung out at my Mom's too (they live right down the street from each other, so convenient!) and had a good time. It reached 108 on Tuesday and almost that much on Wednesday. It was miserable.
Bria playing with Sammy:
We are back home and since it's cooling down at night our house is staying pretty cool. We had the a/c going in Bria's room all night so it stayed at 75 degrees in there. Unfortunately she decided a 4:30 am wake up would be nice, just like the night before. It seems she'll sleep good for 2 weeks and then have a few nights where she wakes up.

Since yesterday wasn't quite as hot we ventured outside and took a dip in the kiddie pool.

How adorable is she in a bathing suit?
Those rolls just kill me. Which reminds me, some lady in Target asked how old she was and when I told her 5 months she said, "Oh, she is very healthy. I love rolls." She is healthy that's for sure! Then the lady followed up with, "She's pretty bald." And our pleasant conversation ended.

Although, it's true, little Bria doesn't have a lot of hair. She was born with lots of dark hair and now that she's lost some and it's lightning up you can't see it very well. She does have hair though, I swear! It's just blond. Both Brian and I had light blond hair as babies so it doesn't surprise me.

Back to the kiddie pool, even Daddy dipped his feet in:

Then Bria got a hold of his glasses and would not let go.
Instead of helping I laughed and took pictures :) Hey, I was thinking of the blog.

I never thought I would say this, but I miss the rain. I've lived in Oregon my whole life and I thought I hated the rain, but I've come to the realization that I secretly like it. That doesn't mean that I want weeks of rain-it gets old. But I realized I can't go long without the rain because I miss it too much. Now I understand why Arizonians want the rain so much. I want it to rain!
Next March you will be reading about how much I hate the rain, just go with it, I change my mind a lot.

Bria is rolling all over now, I laid her down on a blanket in her room and went to grab something from the laundry room. When I got back (about 20 seconds later) she had rolled herself into the closet and was so proud. I should have grabbed the camera, but you'll have to trust me that it was quite hilarious.

Today our plans include grocery shopping and dinner out. I want to try and go for a walk too since it's a good temperature outside. Sounds like a good Friday to me, minus the grocery shopping.


1 comment:

Kari said...

She is stinkin cute!