Thursday, July 23, 2009

Family Pictures

Jaime took family pictures for us when Bria was around 3 months old. I absolutely love how they turned out, Jaime is so talented.
A favorite:

Can you believe these were done in her backyard? They have a perfect yard for picture taking :)





Isn't that little bracelet adorable? Courtesy of Jaime's sister-in-law, Jessica. She also sent us the headband with interchangeable bows, I can't tell you how much I love them!

I'm so grateful to have a photographer in the family!

Things are going well here at the Holcomb house. Bria is so-so about rice cereal, she eats it but doesn't act like she loves it or wants more. Soon we'll start trying the vegetables, that should make for some good videos :) So here is a question, when is the best time to feed her rice cereal? I haven't quite figured out when a good time is.

I can see 3 little white teeth below Bria's gums, I think those are the reason for her fussiness sometimes. Can't blame her, I'm sure that doesn't feel good.

We got a high chair. Yeah, I said I didn't want one because we didn't have room and they were more expensive, but we found a cheap one on Craig's List. The cool thing was the people selling it live about 10 houses down from us. They were really nice too. It's a Graco one and it was a third of the price of a brand new one so I was of course thrilled. I still may get that one I mentioned in the last post, since I heard how it travels well. The good part about the high chair is the straps go around the waist and over the shoulders (they probably all do) which holds her in nicely since she hasn't mastered sitting by herself yet.

Bria is starting to notice MJ more and more and loves to pet her. I have to hold MJ down to make her stay so Bria can pet her. And Bria doesn't pull on MJ so I know it's not hurting MJ, she is just a brat. I'm going to force MJ to like Bria!! Or else she goes to Grandma's. Just kidding. Kind of. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started Natalie on rice cereal in the morning. I was then giving it to her twice a day, morning and night. I was having a really hard time giving her cereal and her bottle in the morning. She just didn't want to eat her bottle after cereal, she wouldn't eat cereal after a bottle. So I eliminated that morning feeding and just went to a bigger portion at night. I don't know why, but she did much better that way. Now she gets fruits in the morn and still has cereal at night (with other feedings during day) and is still doing great. Have fun with veggies!

goeckie said...

We feed Wyatt at night about a half hour after his late afternoon bottle. Usually around 6:00. Once he got the hang of it his day care lady gives him cereal at lunch. Once we have more foods to give we'll move to the 3 meals a day plan. Just try it at different times and see what works best for Bria. It just takes them some practice! I love the pictures (even though I've said it twice I'm saying it again. :-) ).

Danielle said...

We've been having the same troubles with rice cereal. Right now I give some to him at 10:00am and then at around 6:30pm. This is ideal, but we don't always follow this schedule. Yesterday I just skipped his morning cereal all together. Dillon doesn't seem that into the cereal either!! I thought he'd love it. He would rather a bottle it seems. Do you find Bria will rather have breastmilk?

Brandi said...

I love the photos! And we started with Rice Cereal in the evening as "dinner". It worked pretty well for us. And Miss MJ can come live with us for a while ;o)
Although I don't know how much she would like a little boy chasing her around...

Anonymous said...

I know Grandma would have no issues taking MJ!! :) But MJ needs to learn she's no longer the baby!!


Sara

Steph said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures!! I absolutely love that first one... gorgeous!

Emilie said...

Those are great family pics! they all turned out so good!!! :)