Wednesday, July 15, 2009

3rd Anniversary

Our friend Craig emailed me some old pictures he found on his computer, it's so fun to reminisce. They got me all sentimental and thinking how far Brian and I have come in the last 8 years.

This is a picture from our first apartment, the Greenwood apartments. I thought they were old and gross at the time but now I think back to how much fun we had living there. I think Brian is washing his feet and I was pretending to help. You can see little MJ in between us:

Craig took these pictures at our friend Shane's parents house:


Good times. We had so much fun in the first 2 years we knew each other, when we were just friends. Brian was seriously my best friend, so much so that he also annoyed the crap out of me. I would often complain about him to others. When we cheered at OSU and were stunt partners we would always blame the other when something went wrong, we were so utterly honest with each other it wasn't even funny.
We both dated other people and helped each other through the hard times. I remember him calling me at 2 am one time because his girlfriend had cheated on him and he was really sad. Even though I was so tired, I knew he was hurting so we talked until he felt better.
After we had both been out of our last relationships awhile we started hanging out everyday, going to movies, going shopping, or hanging out with friends. I started getting really excited to see him and I couldn't believe it, wasn't this just my FRIEND, Brian?
I started to realize how he was the one person I was completely myself with. I didn't put on a show for him and he still liked me. I found myself always laughing when I was with him and didn't like being away from him. I couldn't believe I was having these feelings for Brian, it was my friend Brian?!!
So, I wasn't sure what to do. I really didn't want to ruin our friendship because he was so important to me, but I could tell my feelings were getting stronger. I remember going to a party for Dad's weekend at OSU and being more cuddly with him, trying to let him know without having to risk being shot down ;)
He got my subtle hint and at the end of the night gave me a kiss. The best kiss I've ever had...and I'm not just saying that.
And it was all over from there ;) We like to joke that it took Brian 2 years to convince me to go out with him, he was persistent that one, and I'm glad he was.

The next 3 years we dated and had a blast. I can honestly say it was (and still is) the healthiest relationship I've ever been in. We talk about everything, we are so incredibly open with each other because we always have been. I love being able to talk to him about anything that is on my mind.
After we were done cheering at OSU, we did the Blazer stunt team and were stunt partners. We had such a blast doing that and it was such a cool experience. Wish we did it this year, they were on fire!

Now we have been married for 3 wonderful years and I can't imagine my life without him. He is my best friend and the love of my life.

Watching him become a Dad this year was the coolest thing ever. He is so incredible with Bria, I love hearing him sing her silly songs he makes up, or when he tries to sing "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" and doesn't quite get the lyrics right. It doesn't matter, he tries :)

I love you babe, thanks for the best 3 years of my life.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful lou!! Thank you so much for all the sacrifices you have made over the years and having to put up with my crazy ideas. I thank god every day for you and Bria.

Brian

Anonymous said...

What a great story! <3 Congrats on 3 years!

E said...

I cried reading this, happy three years honey!

flojat said...

Happy anniversary! What a wonderful entry. I love the "Dirty Dancing" picture of the lift! WOW!

Robyn Baird said...

Happy Anniversary Lins! Has it really been 3 years?! Crazy how fast time flies. :)

Steph said...

Awww!! Happy Anniversary! What a great story :) You guys are such a great couple!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady your story brought tears to my eyes and so did Brianna's response! You guys are great together!!

Sara

Carly said...

you guys are adorable- happy anniversary!!

Sarah said...

How adorable and touching - congrats on 3 years!

and OMG, how sweet that you both did cheer.