Friday, July 03, 2009

Baby Pool

Bria went in our little kiddie pool on Friday for the first time. As I mentioned, it has been deathly hot here so we needed to cool off. I blew up the little kiddie pool we got last year (I think I almost passed out-we need a bike pump to inflate that thing), stripped off Bria's clothes and hopped in. I only filled it like an inch but it was enough to cool us off...until Bria peed on me. But I was expecting it, after all she was naked and diaperless. We had a fun time and it definitely helped cool us off.
We sent Daddy a picture of Bria's first pool experience :)

In the process of blowing it up:

Bria watching MJ and waiting patiently for Mom to blow up the kiddie pool:


"Um, it's ok Mom, kind of cold."

She liked it better on Mommy's lap:

Her little feet taking a dip:

So it was nice to cool off for awhile but the heat kept coming and our house got hotter and hotter. I took Bria to my Mom and Randy's so we could enjoy some AC, it was wonderful. Once Brian got home we headed to Costco for a portable AC, but Costco only had one choice in the store and it was an expensive choice. We checked out Home Depot but didn't like their selection so we are going to order one from Costco online. In 7-10 business days we should be a lot cooler in this house. Anyway, after we got home from Costco our house was hotter than I'll get out, so we packed up and stayed the night at my Dad's. It was wonderful and we are very grateful to them for sharing their AC with us.

1 comment:

Steph said...

How fun! They definitely need things to cool them off during the summer!