Monday, August 03, 2009

6 am

Bria has decided that 6 am is a better wake up time than 7 am. I disagree, but she ultimately wins. I do let her lay there and talk until the talking turns into fussing/crying. Then I get her up, nurse, and we go downstairs to officially start our day. Which consists of lots of singing, dancing (I actually injured my neck dancing for her), talking, reading, and playing games. I can't tell you how happy I am that my day consists of this, I am forever grateful.

The weather has finally cooled off and I am beyond ecstatic. I can take 80's, that's easy compared to the 100's we had for 3 days in a row, ick. Now we can get outside for walks and kiddie pools, I love it.

I actually jogged for the first time since before I was pregnant (over a year ago!) and it felt pretty good. Although I will need to get a better sports bra. I took Bria out in the jogging stroller, which I love by the way, and I would jog for a few blocks, then walk. It felt really good to work up a sweat. Bria enjoyed it too because she fell asleep pretty quickly. That jogging stroller is a smooth ride for sure.


"Oooh, that was a nice nap Mom."

On Friday night we went to dinner with Jenny and Kyle and Bria did ok. Normally she is really happy and looks around the whole time, but we woke her from a nap, whisked her in the car, and then drove for awhile. She was hungry and still trying to wake up so she was a little fussy. I fed her some carrots and 3 oz of a bottle but she was still hungry so I nursed in public for the first time. It wasn't so bad, I don't think people stared, although I didn't look around so maybe everyone was staring. Either way I wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought I was going to be. Bria did manage to knock over a water glass while we were there, guess she takes after her clumsy mama. It was a fun trip though and nice to get out of the house.

Bria is starting to wear some of her 6 months clothes now. It's fun to open up the 6 month tote and find a whole new wardrobe for her, but it also means her 3-6 month clothes are getting too small which makes me sad. The funny thing is Bria's feet are TINY, have I mentioned that? I compared them to her footprints at birth and they are barely bigger. I'm not sure how those little feet are going to hold up her chunky thighs and big belly :)

I was thinking about my favorite toys the other day and I just have to get Bria these blocks. We had them growing up and I absolutely loved them, they were my favorite. Plus, blocks are great for creativity, as are Legos. She probably doesn't need them right away, but I am definitely going to make that purchase, maybe for her 1st Christmas? Or first Birthday. I must say after looking online for them I didn't realize how expensive they were, I'll have to do more research when it comes time to buy them.
I also want to get her a little farm animal set so she knows her animals and all the sounds they make. Those are a little spendy too but it's worth it.

Bria tried peas the other night and did so good. She ate them just like nothing was different, I couldn't believe it. Those peas were disgusting compared to the carrots so I was expecting the famous face, but nothing. I'm not complaining at all, I love that she is eating her vegetables! It did make for some gross spit up though.


And I leave you with some little giggles:

4 comments:

Steph said...

I love the look on her face in that last picture. She looks so happy to see you!

Emilie said...

love the video!
Sorry that Bria is getting up at 6AM.... hopefully she decides that she wants to sleep in!

Oh, I wanted to tell you I am halfway through the last Twilight book. Aren't you proud... its about time I know. Now I can't wait for the 2nd movie in November. Too bad we dont live closer... I would so go see it with you! :)

Shannon said...

I love that you hurt your neck dancing for Bria, you little dancin' machine :)

I think those blocks would be so much fun for Bria. I actually saw a similar set but the blocks were all different colors and I thought how fun those would be for kids.

Lindsay said...

I'm glad she enjoyed your jog so much!