Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Waiting for Poop

Yes, for the last 5 days I was waiting for Bria to poop. I would sing to her about pooping, I would push her legs up to help the poop come out, and I almost stuck a thermometer up her bum to help. But she did it on her own. Finally! I was getting worried thinking about where all the milk and rice cereal was going. She would toot some stinky toots each day (poor girl is going to kill me when she gets older) but no poop. So finally yesterday she let it all out and boy was a it big. The trusty diaper held up which is good. It is true that solid food makes poop smell bad, Brian and I were gagging as we (yes we did it together-it required 2 people) changed her diaper. So now I can stop stressing about her pooping :) For now.

Bria was sleeping really good for a week, but the last 2 nights she's decided to regress quite a bit. Dang. Oh well, it's what babies do best, keep us on our toes.

I couldn't get over how big Bria looked playing with this little toy:

We had one as kids and I was so excited when her Aunt Heather got one for her, so sweet. She is my punky monkey because the girl grabs onto everything with her little feet:

While nursing her she takes her leg and pushes on my arm or grabs ahold with both legs, so funny.
She's also been known to pull out daddies arm hair with her toes, she has some strong toes!

The Jensens' stopped by the other night to drop off a dresser they gave to us and the kids love Bria. She is so entertained by them. Jaidyn loves holding her and I realized I rarely get a picture of it so I made sure to grab the camera this time.

That's all for now, I'm tired and need to clean my house.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

We've been having the same problem with Dillon! I finally had to use a suppository on him. Poor little guy. He had the smelly gas too! I'm glad Bria finally went!

E said...

Poor little girl! I've heard that the rice cereal can do that to them, I think pears are supposed to help

Steph said...

YAY for poop! :)