Saturday, April 27, 2013

We can call it a beach now

I decided last minute to take the girls to the beach on Friday. Usually we call it the coast because it's so cold and windy but the weather has been fabulous and when I checked the weather for Cannon Beach it said upper 60's and clear, which is incredibly rare. I packed up and away we went!
It was a little windy at first but it got warmer.
Bria's sand castle, which she promptly squished 3 seconds after this photo

Loving the sand

Yes, life is good



 Bria found a ladybug friend and we named her Leena. Leena and Bria were best buddies for an hour. Leena crawled all over Bria, Bria talked to her, carried her around, and it was just the funniest thing. Leena "flew away" and maybe this summer we will find her on a tree in our neighborhood.
Bria and Leena just hanging out
 Reese was cracking me up. She would just flop and roll around in the sand, she couldn't get enough of it. Probably because it was so warm.
She was voluntarily doing this, seriously.


Striking her model pose

And the head in the sand again.
 And Bria met friends...of course. Everywhere we go she meets people and has the best time, it's so much fun to watch her play.
Bria and her friends
This particular beach as a little stream running through it so the girls had so much fun playing in there, it was a little warmer than the actual ocean. It was still a little too cold for me but my girls had no problem running in it and getting soaked.
Bria made sand angels, Reese pointed at every dog on the beach, and I smiled while watching my girls have a blast.
It was one of the most fun days ever. I truly enjoyed my time with my girls and we just played and didn't plan anything or go to any shops because they were having such a good time in the sand...and so was I. So we spent about 2 and a half hours on the beach just soaking up the goodness.

1 comment:

Kris and MaLanie said...

Looks like a blast! We will have to join you next time.