Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Arizona

I had 3 wonderful days in Arizona.
I spent quality time with my Grandma, quality time by myself, and quality time with my extended family. It was exactly what I needed and more.
When you leave in Oregon it's easy to slowly get depressed with all the gray weather and gloomy skies, plus I've been feeling extra impatient and cranky so this trip completely rejuvenated me.

We brought my Grandpa new flowers, I think he likes them
My Grandma is my favorite storyteller, she has a way of making every story captivating. I got to hear stories from her childhood, stories about her and Grandpa, stories about raising 5 kids (she had 5 kids in 6 years, I have NOTHING to complain about!), stories about life and I just loved it. We looked at photo albums and reminisced about wonderful memories and family reunions.
I truly enjoyed every minute.
 I went down to the lagoon on Sunday and Monday. The lagoon is one of the pools at the clubhouse my Grandma is a part of. Lance and I use to spend hours here, playing and playing and swimming. That was nearly 20 years ago, wow.
Best pool ever

Just soaking up some sun in the backyard

Blissful morning
 We ate breakfast outside every morning and I was just in heaven. Something about starting your day with fruit and sunshine just makes you happy.

I just love this tree outside my Grandma's house

Another Lagoon picture
 We had a BBQ at my cousin Brad's house and I got to catch up on how everyone is doing and cuddle their sweet kids.
One of my favorite parts was sitting around with my cousins and talking about kids and nursing and being a Mom. I have so many fond memories as a child playing with my cousins and running around, it's so neat to now be going through motherhood with them and hearing how incredibly similar we are. It's almost like we're related ;)

My trip was just a little slice of heaven.

No comments: