Thursday, April 04, 2013

Easter-Tegner Style

 That's right. They got a ginormous bounce house for Easter and to say it was a hit is an understatement.
Bria spent almost the whole entire time in it with her cousins and was in pure heaven. Well done Teg's, well done.
The gorgeous setup
Saturday we headed down to Albany to celebrate Easter with my family. The whole gang was there and the sun was shining, it was absolutely fabulous.
Grandpa and Jax agree!
Jenny is the hostess with the mostess. 

For real. When she has a party she goes all out. Everything is themed and every tiny detail matches that theme, even the toilet paper. 
Well, maybe not the toilet paper, but you get the idea.
The food was out of this world delicious, fajitas and chips and dip. Everyone chipped in and brought a special dish. Drinks were plentiful which was good since it was the hottest day of the year so far. 
Us Holcombs were in charge of the Easter eggs. I filled 88 before hand and then enlisted the help of Kailey and Cassidy to fill the rest.
All the kids ready to go find some eggs!

We hid the eggs all over and the kids went crazy. Abby and Cassidy helped both my girls (sweet Aunts!) find their eggs and then when all eggs were found they began opening them to find the goodies.
Reese went around asking everyone to open eggs for her (not necessarily her own) so she could eat the candy. 


These moocher had so much candy she would refuse to eat the rest of the day. I guess we should be thankful she didn't barf or anything.

Me and my sweet nieces. I wish they lived closer!! Maybe in the summer I will borrow them for awhile :)

Grandma Anna and baby Jax

Aunt Jaime with Reese

Me and my Mom

The Tegner clan

Papa and Yaya with their youngest grandbaby




The adults sat outside most the time, enjoying the sun and each other's company.



I got to feed baby Jax a bottle, then he fell asleep in my arms and I was in heaven.

Grandpa cuddles make everything better
Alright, funny story time. This may be a, You had to be there, kind of story, but I will give it a whirl.
Porter and Bria had been in the bounce house for a long time and since it was really warm out they were working up quite a sweat.
Porter decided to take his shirt off to cool down. Bria took note of this and paused.
Then in a dramatically exhausted tone said, "Whew, I'm pretty hot. I need to take my dress off."

And so my, my clothes hating daughter began to bounce and run around naked screaming, "Naked dance, naked dance!"
She was thoroughly loving this no clothes thing and I fear she may think she can always get naked in public places from here on out. Seriously, this girl despises clothes.
Rogue on the left (Tegner's dog) and Sage on the right (Lance and Kayla's dog)
Around 4:30 pm we decided it was time to head to Grammy's in preparation for dinner. We said our goodbyes and drove the 20 minutes over to Corvallis...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

my favorite truly was Bria observing Porter w/o his shirt and then realizing maybe she was hot...:)