Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Monumental Moment

Brian and I both cheered at OSU. So you can imagine that cheer is in the blood for our two little girls. We won't ever pressure them to be a cheerleader, but we'll provide opportunities if that is what they choose to do. Today, we provided an opportunity. Well, the Parks and Rec department in our town did. I can't tell you how excited I was to take Bria to a little cheer class. We tried on Bria's cheer uniform from last year and I was so happy it still fit, even if it's a little short.
So of course I dressed her to the nines:
Cheer outfit: Yaya and Papa
Socks: Grammy
Shoes: Heather
Bows: Mom and Dad
Coat: Not pictured, but from the Bauer's (it's adorable and orange and don't worry she'll wear it for football season)

My little cheerleader!!!!!!
Trying to get a picture with her friend Sophie :)

Ahh, I can't tell you how much I loved watching her prance around.
I was impressed at how well Bria listened to the teacher and followed directions. I did have a pep talk with her on the way there :) Plus I think having her in gymnastics for awhile and now swim lessons she's getting better at listening to another authority figure besides myself and Brian. The teacher had them come sit down in a circle and this is where Bria decided to sit:
Teacher's pet.
She is so my daughter.

Learning some cheer motions with the cutest little pom poms ever.

Listening intently to the teacher.

She did stare off into space a few times.
She also gets that from me.

Stunting!
Brian and Bria stunt at home so she was a natural at this part ;)

I was actually really impressed at the class. The gal teaching it did a really good job of getting them all involved and excited. They started out by stretching, then kicking, then jumping, some arm motions, dancing, and then stunting. Bria had a blast. At the end they did crafts and colored a piece of paper that the teacher turned into a megaphone.
I couldn't help but write, "Go Beavs" on her megaphone :)

Officially a cheerleader with her megaphone in hand.


I can't tell you how fun it was to watch her.

We just sat back and watched her do her thing, it was a very proud day. I will leave you with 2 adorable videos, little girls cheerleading is just precious.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bria did great!! All that training watching Beaver games. :)


Sara

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute! Love, Yaya

Jenny said...

A-DOR-ABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary said...

How stinking cute is she?! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

She is a natural!! Amazing how she is so focused and pays attention. Go Beavs ;) -- Amy