Saturday, August 20, 2011

Daily Doings: Friday

  • Woke up at 8 am and Bria was still sleeping (she was up again last night, not sure why) so I went downstairs and did my usual coffee and computer time.
  • Bria woke up at 8:30 am and we had breakfast and then got ready to go to the Zoo, we were meeting Lanie and Bristol there.
  • We took the Max (train) which Bria loves. Got to the Zoo a little later than I meant too but fortunately Lanie wasn't mad at me ;)
  • We had fun seeing some of the animals and the girls had a great time running around the grass area and eating lunch. It was hot today which actually felt good, I love the sun.
  • I think it was around 1 pm that we headed home for a much needed nap. We didn't get home until 2 pm and Bria was pretty tired so she went right down, despite the incredibly loud fighter jets flying overhead (the Air Show is this weekend and we live less than a mile from the Airport).
  • I straightened up the house a little, got on the computer, painted my toenails (which I am not doing again until after I have this baby, it was nearly impossible), then laid down and took a little snooze.
  • Brian got home shortly after 4 pm (I love when he comes home early :) and then Bria woke up about 15 minutes after that, fortunately she was in good spirits. He cuddled her while I vacuumed the house. I actually enjoy vacuuming, I think it's kind of relaxing.
  • I finished cleaning the house (can you tell we had people coming over? Our friends Joe and Dehlia and their 2 kids came over to watch the Air Show from the park with us) and Brian and Bria went to the store and then to pick up some pizza.
  • Our friends came over around 6 pm and we all enjoyed some pizza and play time. Their little girl, Sophie, is almost 3 and her and Bria had a lot of fun together, they are pretty similar so it's funny to watch.
  • After we all got some dinner in us we walked down the street and found a perfect spot to watch the Air Show. I was seriously in awe the whole time, it was so freakin' cool. Of course, the Jets were pretty loud so the little girls weren't liking it too much. We drove one of the cars down and put the girls in there watching a movie while we sat outside in the grass and everyone was happy that way :) It was an awesome show, loved it.
  • We came home and let the kids play for awhile, they were playing so well together (which is not always the case with 2 and 3 year olds ;) so they got to stay up later than normal and us adults got to enjoy each other's company.
  • After they left we put Bria to bed and went downstairs to relax for a little while.
Alright, so I completed my goal of journaling our days for a week, yay :) Now hopefully I will remember what it was like having one child ;)

No comments: