Monday, August 15, 2011

Daily Doings: Monday

Since things are about to change here at the Holcomb house (if you don't know what I'm talking about click here) I wanted to document our day to day lives a little bit so I remember what it was like having one child. Basically I'm saying that this will be boring for you and I'm doing it for my benefit. My goal is to journal every day this week and just write down what a day in the Holcomb house looks like. So, here goes.

Monday:
  1. I woke up about 7:20 am and went downstairs to a knock at the door, the carpet guy was coming to pick up his dehumidifier and fan (long story short, the a/c condensation was leaking into the little fort area under the stairs, it got fixed but the carpet guy brought a dehumidifier to get rid of all the moisture and clean up any bacteria)
  2. Bria woke up about 7:35 am and was a little cranky. Brian got up with her since I was downstairs dealing with the carpet guy
  3. I get Bria some cereal, her favorite right now is Shredded Wheat Honey Nut, and milk and poured myself some cereal as well.
  4. Said bye bye to Daddy as he headed off to work
  5. Put Bria's toys back in her fort since it was all clean now
  6. Bria played and read some books while I checked the computer
  7. Got my exercise clothes on, snacks and books ready and headed out for a walk. Bria isn't the most laid back stroller rider so I have to make sure I take stuff to keep her entertained while I power walk the neighborhoods for 45 minutes. Today she did pretty good, yay :)
  8. Put Rugrats on for Bria (she had never seen it and it was on Netflix so I thought what the heck) while I showered and got ready, then got Bria ready for the day.
  9. While doing Bria's hair she had 2 major meltdowns so I escaped to my room for a break. When I was calm I scooped her up with her pink blanket and we rocked in the nursery until she felt better. I'm learning when she starts having multiple meltdowns that she needs extra loves.
  10. At this point it's almost noon so I packed up a lunch and headed to the park for a picnic, my favorite :) We had a wonderful PB&J sandwich, graham crackers, an apple (she of course didn't eat the apple, grrr), banana chips, and a cookie.
  11. Bria ran around the grass while I enjoyed the sun and it was just fabulous, she would bring me flowers (ya know, the white weeds that grow in the grass) or sticks and then she started quoting movies and her imagination was in full force, it was so much fun to watch and so relaxing. I thought about how our picnics, just the 2 of us, aren't going to happen once the baby comes so I was thoroughly enjoying our time together.
  12. Walked home from the park, read a few books and then put her down for a nap (a little after 1 pm).
  13. I put away some laundry, blogged and then took a nap myself.
  14. At 3:15 pm I woke up and did some dishes and checked email and stuff and Bria didn't wake up until after 4 pm! Awesome nap, yay :)
  15. She was a little cranky and complained her mouth hurt so I put some Orajel on the molar that's coming in, put Toy Story on, and gave her a little snack. She perked up pretty quickly.
  16. Brian came home at 5 pm and we started dinner and then ate.
  17. After dinner we let the food digest while we finished watching Toy Story. This was also mixed with playing and Bria hanging upside down thanks to Daddy :)
  18. Around 6:30 pm we went for a walk to the park
  19. Got home shortly after 7:30 pm and Brian gave her a bath, brushed her teeth, lotioned her up, and got her pj's on. Then I went in, read some stories, said a prayer, and sang some songs.
  20. Went back in there twice because she had to go potty (the second time she didn't go I just don't think she was tired)
  21. Brian and I retired to the couch and watched some tv and talked about our days.
  22. Brian just headed to bed because he was extra tired and I'm up blogging and will head to bed shortly, let's hope I can sleep comfortably tonight :)
I don't have pictures from our day today, but I still wanted to include some cute ones of my sweet girl:
Daddy got her this cute shirt, it says, "Cool like Daddy" and I love it.
Such a big girl
She was being so cooperative for pictures I couldn't help but take a bunch.


And this was in the morning when she was still in her pj's...and Daddies shoes :)
Cheese!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm starting to learn that extra cuddles help difuse a bad tantrum too. :-)