Sunday, August 07, 2011

Going to the Fair

So apparently the county Fair up here is free admission, which is just awesome. I mean, rides and food are expensive enough as it is, why charge to get in?
Last Saturday (like a week ago, I'm behind on posting) we decided to try it out. Bria woke up that morning sounding a little stuffy but did well in the morning (getting her hair cut) so after nap we thought we would head to the fair. Well, she woke up from her nap HORRIBLY cranky and completely out of sorts. We could tell she wasn't feeling well but thought the fair would help her feel better.
Yeah, I wish we would've thought about the fact that it was almost 90 degrees and nobody wants to be in the heat when they are sick. But we didn't think and just packed up and went. She clung to us, wouldn't eat a snow cone and seemed lethargic. I felt like a horrible Mom dragging her to the Fair so we almost called it quits but decided to put her on some rides to see if that perked her up. I can't believe she is 36 inches tall! That's how tall you have to be to ride all the kid rides and I was in shock that she was. Anyway, we tried out the teacups and Brian said she thoroughly enjoyed them.

Although you wouldn't be able to tell from her expression.

Then it was on to the carousel which she loved as well. I was sad I couldn't go on any rides with her :(
A smile!
Brian assuring us (Heather and Tracy came too) that she was having fun.

This was the look on her face most the time, poor thing.

And then we tried out the swings. She liked those too.

After we were done with the rides we gave her a snack and holy cow it was a new Bria, she seemed to be feeling a lot better.
So we went to where all the animals were and she loved it.

They had a cute little "sandbox" filled with dried corn. She had so much fun playing in it.

Then we went and saw all the farm animals and I think that was her favorite part of the fair. The horses made her smile and giggle so much. She loved them but if they got to close she would scream in delight (and a little fear) and run to me. We got her to pet a few goats and she even got to pet a bunny.
So all in all I'm glad we went, she really did seem to enjoy herself and it was fun watching her love all the animals.

Last week was a rough week since her and I both battled colds and slept horribly. But we are on the mend and back to sleeping soundly which is nice. On Friday I took her to the Children's Museum since the first Friday of every month is free, she loved it. I wish I had my camera, she was just in heaven and played well with the other kids which was nice. Her favorite areas were the water one and the grocery store one. We rode the train (the Max) there and back which is so nice, I love not having to worry about driving and parking.
Now we are enjoying our wonderful weekend together and I'll update more on it later :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're both on the mend!! Looks like a great time at the Fair!! :)

Sara