Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Decorating

With the late stages of pregnancy comes nesting, and this time around my nesting isn't just cleaning, it's more about decorating the house. I want to get things more complete in our house, particularly the girls' rooms and their bathroom.
So, Bria's room is almost complete. We chose not to paint since this is a rental, that makes me a little sad because it's amazing what a freshly painted wall can do for a bedroom. But that's okay, we'll survive. Here are pictures of Bria's TinkerBell room:

The door to go in the bedroom is to the left, Bria is standing in front of her closet, and I am taking the picture standing in front of her window.

And this is from the door, walking into her room.

A close up of the decor above her bed. Brian painted her pink star, purple. And the ADORABLE TinkerBell pictures are from Brian's step sister and her husband, so nice!

Looking to the right a little as you walk in.

The window. I want to hang something on either side of the curtains but I haven't decided what yet.

I know her room doesn't have much in it but I really like the simplicity.

Close up of the decor and bookshelf. Just need a TinkerBell lamp now ;)

Adorable TinkerBell night light.

Alright so that is Bria's room. The other thing I want to do in here (aside from adding something in either side of the curtains) is put a long mirror to the right of the bookshelf, so in between the bookshelf and the door. I saw a bright green one at Ross and I think I might have to snag it up. Bria would undoubtedly love it because what 2 year old girl doesn't love looking at herself in the mirror, especially after she is all dressed for the day :)
You can look at pictures of the nursery in the baby blog, basically I have to hang everything on the walls and I'm not sure exactly how I want to do that yet. But I love the color of purple in there. Funny how both the girls' rooms turned out purple and that is currently my newest obsession :)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

It looks great! And I totally agree, simple is best.