Friday, May 03, 2013

CAR!

This week has been fabulous. Incredibly sunny and warm. Today it's suppose to be in the 80's!!!! I apologize to those who still have snow right now, that is terrible and I'm so sorry.
Monday was a big day.
Reese had her check up at the doctor's, she is looking great and growing fabulously. We talked about her pigeon toed walking and the doctor wasn't concerned. If it gets worse by her 2 year appointment then we will discuss physical therapy. I'm not worried about it, I think it's cute.
She is growing great, 33 inches, 22 pounds, and I can't ever remember her head measurement but that is looking great.
She only had to get one shot so I just held her on my hip while standing. The girl didn't even flinch when they gave it to her, Bria was in shock. She kept asking why Reese didn't cry. As we get in the car Bria is pondering and then says, "I want to get my ears pierced."
I called Brian and drove straight to Claire's to get her ears pierced. If she was ready I didn't want to miss the chance to get them done. She was okay with the first ear but then it took almost 10 minutes to calm her down for the second ear. Of course, after it's done she stops crying and says, "Oh, that didn't really hurt."
My sweet, dramatic child.
She chose blue flower earrings and she is thrilled. She absolutely loves them and shows them off to anybody who will pay attention. The nice part is that she lets us clean them twice a day without complaining.
So now both girls have adorable earrings and I think Bria is very glad to be a part of the earring club :)


 I painted Reese's toes for the first time and she did pretty well sitting still. I just love painted baby toes in flip flops, it makes me happy!

Bria insists on painting her toes herself these days
 Since it's been so nice we've gone outside every single day and we never tire of it. We usually go down to the park that's a few blocks from us. Bria is loving her bike!
 I found a great deal on Craigslist for that bike and snatched it up quick. It's in perfect condition and when Bria outgrows it, Reese will get to have it too :)

But for now Reese is content with me pushing her on the scooter. And I know I've taught my girls well when they both insist on wearing helmets before getting on their bikes/scooters. We also are very adamant about watching for cars and being safe. While we were at the Buell's Bria proved she had been listening to me :) We were outside in front of their house and the kids were riding around in the street and we announced there was a car so they all needed to get on the sidewalk. Bria freaks, can't get her bike to move so she gets off and books it on the sidewalk while crying, "My beautiful bike!" I could not stop laughing, she was so good to listen and I'm proud she did exactly what I taught her, but the poor girl was freaked out that she was going to get hit and then freaked that the car would run over her bike. The funny part is that it was just a car slowly backing out of their driveway. At least I know she listens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lulu,

Loved following up and hearing about your ODD wanting and getting her ears pierced! Nothing like a little peer pressure from her younger sibling to move her along and finally wear earrings.

She looks wonderful with her little flowers and you didn't have to use the magic jelly!

Angie
angietune@hotmail.com