Sunday, March 04, 2012

Cough cough

It seems we are still recovering from our horrible colds. Is that possible?! Reese still coughs at night, like a lot, and during the day, her nose is still a little runny, and Bria's nose runs too. What the heck? Oh, and Brian has another cold. Maybe by summer we will get rid of all this stuff?

Reese is still growing fast though. She has found her feet and loves grabbing them. She's getting better at sitting by herself and just started making the "bah" noise (video at the end). It's so adorable and we love hearing her talk.
She is such a sweet little thing, I always get comments on what a good baby she is. She just goes with the flow and I love that. I hope she is always this way :)
She shocked me this morning when she put my finger in her mouth (that is a daily thing) and I felt a sharp tooth. AHHHHHHH! Her first tooth broke through at 5 1/2 months, oh my goodness! Brian and I were in shock for like an hour which seems silly, it's just a tooth. But it's just further proof she is growing up way too fast for us. My little baby isn't going to be a baby forever? What?!

Bria has been sweet as pie lately, I love it. I let her paint her own toenails and then mine the other day. I've been trying really hard to let go of my aversion to messes and let Bria do things on her own. It's hard, but I can see such a difference in Bria, she has more confidence and enjoys doing things herself. I was actually quite impressed by her work:
I mean, she may not be ready to graduate from beauty school yet, but it's good for a 3 year old!
We just had Bria's 3 year appointment last week and it went awesome! She is a superstar and acing all the little 3 year old stuff. Her doctor was especially impressed by her vocabulary and talking in general. She also said, "Watch out, she's smart which will make the 3's a challenging age!" Oh goody, thanks doc ;) She scored superb on all her skills, motor, vocab, etc.
Bria has some pretty extreme eczema on her inner elbows and hands/wrists. Her cheeks have a little bit too. Dr. Sara gave us a prescription for a steroid cream that will help get rid of it, I'm so happy about that because we've been battling that for months. Hopefully we just have to use it for two weeks and then Eucerin will do the trick after that, or Vaseline.
I was all into figuring out a remedy for Bria's eczema that I completely forgot to ask what percentile she was in for height, so I'm going to find a chart and line and see. I even forget how many inches she was, but I do know she was 30.6 pounds.
After the appointment I took the girls out to lunch at Baja Fresh with my friend Tiffanie and her daughter Makenzie. They were little angels and it was really nice. We even braved going to Marshalls since it was in the same little shopping center. It was a fun little excursion.


Reese talking:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pretty sure she said Papa and Yaya I miss and love you. :)