Wednesday, March 14, 2012

School time

I've decided to start working on letters with Bria since she is having a hard time with them. I can't blame her, I haven't been teaching her in an interesting way so she has a hard time paying attention. She's known her ABC's for like 2 years and she can spell her name, but she can't identify all her letters.
I found an awesome website that has preschool lesson plans and I went to town. My goal was to do "school time" 3 days a week. Obviously not all day, but at some point in the day (while Reese is napping). You focus on one letter each week so they learn it really well and incorporate themes with it. I've had a lot of fun doing lesson plans on Sunday nights and doing little craft things. Bria is a cute little student and I will find her teaching her Jessie doll throughout the day. So far she knows A and B! C is next week :)

A is for Ark! She learned all about Noah's Ark and the rainbow

A is also for Apple, she made apples in the tree with paint and her thumb.

And this noodle necklace is just a fun craft we did :)
Noodle necklaces are the new thing

Sometimes while I am teaching Bria, this little cutie is hanging out:
She helped with B, B is for Baby!

I love how you can see my Bria Ballerina in the background


This is blurry because I thought she was falling and set the camera down, she wasn't though
My strong girl.

These days with my little girls are just flying by. I'm looking forward to the summer where we can spend lots of time outside playing.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

The letters and themes really work. I started this with Dillon and my daycare and I was amazed at how he remembered the letter we went over. They really are like sponges at this age!

The Motes said...

What website are you using?? I found a great one where each week is a different topic, but it's just 3 short exercises....

LoAnn said...

The girls are growing up so fast. I can't wait to see then next month. They are so darling!