Monday, February 27, 2012

The party

Bria had an amazing 3rd birthday party. It was last Sunday evening and we had it at a recreation center that is right down the road from our house. I'm so happy we had it there, they had tons of toys and climbing structures for the kids to play on and I think everyone had a blast, at least we did :) I barely saw Bria the entire time, she was having so much fun running around with her family and friends. Reese was passed around the whole time so I had both my hands free, it was such a change!
My cousin Lanie was awesome enough to come over the day before and help me make some goodies for the party. My favorite were the Preztel Buttons:

Stick a Hershy kiss on square preztels, bake for 3 minutes then stick an M&M on top. So easy and soooo good!

Some of the cupcakes, I had fun decorating them.

The birthday girls cupcake.

Some signs for the party favors.

I was so happy that Bria took a good nap the day of her party, it meant she would be in a good mood. Well, she's 3 so nothing is a definite, but she was in a good mood.
Bria, Porter and Jaidyn

Abby, Kailey, Bristol, Cassidy, and Noah

The older girls (Abby, Jaidyn, Cassidy, Kailey) were soooo good with all the kids. They ran around and played with them and it was seriously awesome. All of us adults got to talk and chat and eat.

Cassidy and Bristol playing together.






Grammy and Reese

Singing Happy Birthday to herself
She loved singing happy birthday and then blowing out the candles, almost as much as opening presents.

She loves her cupcakes. Fortunately this year went better than last year:
"I want MIIIIIIIILLLLKKKKK!"

A happy 3 year old!

Grandpa David and Grandma Kathie (Brian's Dad and step mom)

These girls are awesome. I met them through a Moms club up here and I don't know what I would do without them. From left, Dehlia, Shaina, Me, Jen, and Amber.
A few of the girls couldn't make it but they were there in spirit.

My cousin Lanie, love her!

Finally it was time to open presents. I couldn't believe how many presents there were, and the girl took her time opening each one :)

I have no idea where Bria gets her facial expressions from.
No clue.

This is now her Rapunzel hair :)


Bria was pooped after all the fun she had, fortunately she got an awesome Tinkerbell pillow from Grandpa David and Grandma Kathie to rest her head on :)

It was such a great party. Bria had a wonderful time and loved having her family and friends there. Birthdays are such a magical time, especially when you're a kid.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I am laughing so hard at your facial expressions comments. You DO have the best facial expressions! So glad Bria had a fabulous birthday :o)

Kris and MaLanie said...

Best party ever! Bristol had a blast! Your facial expressions kill me, so hilarious!

LoAnn said...

Lindsey,

You are still the same as you were as a little girl. So excitable! It looks like a great party. I am so gal that Bristol and Bria can be as good of friends as you and Lanie were and still are. Thanks for being there for them.

Aunt LoAnn

Julia said...

She is getting so big! What a pretty little girl. Lindsey your facial expressions are priceless-such a good mom. It looks like she had a great 3rd birthday. Great to see photos of your whole family!