Friday, March 09, 2012

Pinterest has made me awesome

We had such a great weekend, it was been kind of busy though which is hilarious to me considering we didn't have plans until the weekend actually started.
  • Friday night I went out with the girls (my moms club friends) to a Mexican restaurant for margaritas.
  • Saturday we (me, Brian and the girls) went for a walk, my friend Tiffanie and I went home decor shopping, and then we had some friends over for dinner.
  • Sunday morning I had coffee with my girlfriends (I did a lot of me stuff this weekend, Brian is super Dad, super husband, and super awesome) then we played in the backyard as a family (yay for sun!) and Brian went shooting with a buddy.
Phew, that's a lot to do in 2 days with 2 kids!
As you can tell I've been pretty active with my Moms club and I'm enjoying it so much. It has been a long time since I've had such great girlfriends and I've missed it immensely. It makes a huge difference when you have girls to talk to and vent with and do all the things guys would rather not do :) I'm very grateful for my girlfriends, I think I'll have to do a little post dedicated to them and their coolness.
Another thing I've been doing lately is Pinterest. You've heard about it right? If not, you must go learn all about it because it's life changing. haha. No seriously, it is. I've gotten all sorts of crafty and I am loving it. I am doing more craft stuff with Bria, more crafty decor (yay for saving money!), and even cooking a little more (not sure Brian loves this since he prefers mac 'n cheese but whatevs).
Do you want to see some of my new stuff?
Ok :)
I'm pretending you said yes.


This is a fun project I did for Reese's room. Butterfly footprints. Not only is it adorable art, but now I have the girls footprints :)
Little Reese's feet
And Bria's :)


I got this little picture from a blogger giving out free printables and then framed it. That awesome yellow vase use to be clear (dollar store, holla!) and I painted it yellow. Thanks pinterest, my husband was super impressed with me and my skills. Can't blame him. ;)

Our room is black/white/grey/yellow so it fit perfectly.

My super awesome cousin Lanie printed this off for me and I just happened to have a frame that worked perfectly. It's on the other side of our window in the bedroom and I can't tell you how much I love it. I love it to the moon and back. haha. I'm so corny.
But seriously, I love this because we say this to Bria all the time.

I've mentioned how I'm getting crafty and organizing toys and stuff. Well, since our kitchen has so much storage I turned a lower cupboard into a craft cupboard:
One day when we own a house I'm going to put shelves in the playroom and these will all be lined up.
This perty shelf system is from Ikea. The super adorable polka dot bins? Target. Clearance.

So yeah, I'm feeling like I may actually have a little bit of craftiness in me after all.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love it! Pinterest is such an awesome resource. But YOU are awesome for actually doing the stuff you pin! I love the picture and vase shelf :o)