Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sisters

Almost 6 months ago our world changed, Reese Makena joined our family and we haven't been the same since.
I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed watching Reese and Bria's relationship deepen.
When we brought Reese home, Bria didn't want to share her at all. She didn't even like the Grandma's holding Reese, she wanted her all to herself!
Bria did so well adjusting and we were so proud of her. But then of course she started acting out. I don't know if it was the age or what, but she was ornery and did not listen very well at all. She was sleeping poorly (that also had to do with her being sick) and just being cranky and difficult. Fortunately, she didn't take it out on Reese and I am very grateful for that. I know it is hard adjusting to a baby in the house and things feel different, especially for a 3 year old.
But the last two months or so Bria has been AMAZING. She is so incredibly helpful with Reese and just so sweet to her. She baby talks to her all the time and Reese just eats it up. Bria will get her toys, sing to her, read to her, and talk to her. It is the most precious thing in the world.
Now I understand why people make such a big deal when their kids get along, it is almost magical to see that love and connection. So wonderful.


Bria thought Reese needed a headband on :)

And Reese, oh she just thinks Bria is the bees knees. She is so entertained by her big sister, she just smiles and squeals and giggles at everything Bria does.
One of her favorite things to do is lay in Bria's bed with her (video below). She gets the biggest smile on her face when I lay her down next to Bria. Bria always asks if Reese can sleep in bed with her and I love it. I tell her when Reese gets older she can...let's hope Bria still wants her to at that point!

"Oh boy, Mom's got the camera out again. Just smile Reese, it'll be over soon."

Reese is a lucky girl to have such an amazing big sister like Bria.

Smiles before our walk to the park :)
I think Reese knows how cool Bria is :)

My girls laying in Bria's bed together:

No comments: