Friday, March 23, 2012

6 months

I was eating breakfast with the girls this morning and looked at the date. It's the 23rd. Reese turned 6 months on the 21st.
I was wondering when the monthly birthday would slip my mind. I seriously forgot the dates all week and thought the 21st wasn't until next week. Scatter brained!
Anyway, let's see what Reese is doing at 6 months old:
  • Sitting up by herself for long periods and playing with toys while doing so
  • Stands up while holding onto something (the edge of her crib, or a toy)
  • Will kind of walk when you hold onto her hands and help her
  • Isn't crawling, but definitely trying, she rolls and scoots and moves all over
  • Is starting to eat a lot better! She has oatmeal with a vegetable every night. So far she has had sweet potatoes, carrots, apples in the baby food variety. In the little mesh feeder she has had frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, mangos, and oranges. I've let her gnaw on a banana as well and at first she made a funny face then decided she liked it. I'm determined to make her like fruit!
  • She wears size 2 diapers, 6-9 month clothes, and has adorable chunky thighs :)
  • She is so smiley and loves to squeal when she sees me, her Daddy, or Bria
  • Refuses a bottle, we've tried 4 different kinds. Grrrr.
  • Loves to cuddle, especially when she wakes up. She cozies herself in your neck and then cradles your face with her hand, it's precious.
  • Is blowing raspberries, which is fun during meal time ;)
  • And I don't want to forget her adorable sleepy noises, she has done this since she was born but I keep forgetting to write about it. She sucks in a big breath and then kind of moans and groans for awhile. It is so funny, and super handy because we always know when she's tired. Seriously though, people stare when we're in public and she does it, it's that funny.
  • Her hair is kind of starting to grow in a little, although it's still pretty light. I am about 90% sure it's going to be curly like Bria's, I can just tell.
  • She is still the most ticklish baby ever.
  • We did a little sleep training with her. I didn't mind her waking up once a night to eat, but she started waking up multiple times and she wasn't hungry, she just wanted the boob to help her go back to sleep. So we decided a little tough love was in order and she is doing so well now. She sleeps 11 hours straight which is fabulous...only that means she is waking up between 6 and 6:45 am...I like 7:30 am but I'm not going to be picky.
  • She naps 2 or 3 times a day, depending on how long and when she takes them
  • She does NOT like dogs. She cried hysterically when MJ came up for a visit, like the kind of cry where you'd think a grizzly bear was coming after her. And MJ is a small white dog. Poor child.
  • Is the sweetest thing ever and I just love to sit and rock her and cuddle.
And for comparison and your viewing pleasure:

Brand new baby Reese

3 month old Reese

6 month old Reese

I'm going to ignore the fact that she is half way to 1 because obviously time is flying by way too fast and I choose to believe I can slow it down if I just forget the dates.

1 comment:

L said...

6 months already? She is just beautiful.