Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A couple things

First thing, a "walking" update on Bria which is that she is not walking yet. For a couple days she was making really good progress and would take 2 steps before falling, then she went on a walking/standing strike. She wanted nothing to do with it and would turn into a wet noodle if I tried to get her to stand. Recently she has decided standing isn't so bad, especially since it results in cheers and applause from us. So we'll see, I'm thinking it'll still be awhile before she walks, she's my cautious girl that's for sure. Plus her feet are tiny so I'm not exactly sure they can hold up her chunky thighs and big belly.

Second, I want to talk about barf. Remember how Bria's acid reflux consumed my every thought awhile back? For like the first 11 months of her life Bria spit up/barfed at least 10 times a day. The medicine helped sometimes, sometimes it didn't. Anyway, the last month to 2 months it's been really good and she hasn't had any episodes. Well, it appears to be making a mini comeback in the last week and I'm not happy. It's not large amounts like it use to be, but I still don't like it. Even if she doesn't spit it out, she still spits up in her mouth and then swallows it. I just feel awful for her, how gross is that? I'm wondering if she is just always going to have an acid reflux problem. Grrrr.

Last week we had a couple days of beautiful weather and Bria and I promptly walked to the park for a little picnic of sorts, it felt so good to be in the sun.

I set up a towel and we sat and played there for awhile.
It made me really excited about Spring and Summer, I think we'll be going to the park often to have picnics and play.
We also had some play dates to attend and Bria enjoyed playing with different toys. She also decided to help them clean their house:

We went to the library for story time and I wish I would've brought my camera because little Miss Bria was cracking me up. She crawled in the middle of all the big kids and sat right in front of/on top of 3 boys who were about 6 or 7 years old. They were kind of confused but then patted her on the shoulder and let her stay. Guess she likes the older men already.

Her hair is getting longer which is fun, but it also means that it is a must to do something before we leave the house. I love clipping bows in her hair because they are fast, easy, and cute. However, they don't always last the entire trip out so to ensure her hair looks cute a little ponytail is an alternative.

Then I wet the curls in the back and scrunch them up, she is getting a lot of little curls back there and I love 'em.

This week the weather is absolutely hideous. It did not stop raining yesterday, not even for 1 minute. It poured sideways rain all freakin' day. Today it's doing the same thing, although it was snowing when we went grocery shopping. Let's all hope for some better weather, shall we?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

OMG, the curls on the back of her head are precious!

Kristin said...

She is SERIOUSLY too cute. I love the pics that you post they are adorable. It makes me want to have a little girl someday! I also LOVE the outfits you dress her in...so trendy;)

Lindsay said...

How precious. Would have loved to see her show those older boys who's boss.