Friday, March 05, 2010

Milk and other stuff

I haven't mentioned Bria's transition to milk. She has been absolutely amazing. I cannot believe how well she transitioned, the first 2 days she drank just small amounts but ever since then she chugs it down just like Brian and I. She loves her milk and it is further proof that she really is our daughter. Not that we needed any but ya know, it's good to know some of our good points rubbed off on her.
Speaking of milk, I have officially stopped nursing as of Friday. I was nursing her just in the mornings but we are now completely done and she has been totally fine. Surprisingly so was I. I'm definitely sad about parts of it, the bonding for instance, but overall I feel wonderful that we nursed for so long and happy that it was a positive experience.

Out to lunch with Mom and Dad:
This weekend we moved Jenny and Kyle into their house! They bought an absolutely beautiful house that has tons of room and natural light. It's just perfect and we are so excited for them and to hang out at their house a lot ;) Bria had fun hanging out with her cousins and aunts and Brian and I were actually able to help since we had little babysitters. We had a lot of fun hanging with the family and the weather was gorgeous on moving day-Saturday.

And I have some bad news. I have delayed posting about this because I'm just really bummed out and I guess part of me was hoping it wasn't true. Brian has to take one more class spring term. In the big scheme of things it's really not the worst thing in the world, but right now it feels pretty darn close. In my mind I had pictured Spring being the first season that Brian wouldn't be tied down with homework and tests, but that dream is gone. He has one last class to take. It's only 3 more months, but it's a LONG 3 more months.

I should probably end on a good note so I will say that Bria has been doing absolutely amazing at water babies. I can't believe how much more comfortable she is in the water. She doesn't mind being dunked under anymore and she'll hold onto the edge all by herself. I am sooo happy that she is more comfortable in the water because we love to spend our summers on the lake :)
Waking up from a really good nap:
*Something is wrong with blogger so this post is all messed up but I can't fix it, oh well. Blogger can be sooo frustrating.

1 comment:

Kris and MaLanie said...

No more nursing... sad but at the same time yay for you! I met a girl the other week who nursed her son until he was 2 1/2 and the only reason she weaned him was because she dried up (and she was pregnant again). I think that's crazy! So sorry to hear about Brian having to take another class. Sucks big time!