Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lance Armstrong

On Saturday my brother's girlfriend, Kayla, threw a surprise party for him before he leaves for Afghanistan on Friday. It was nice to have one last big hooray before he leaves.

I don't want him to go. Pretty sure my parents don't want him to go, and I know Kayla doesn't want him to go. We are sad that he's leaving, sad that we won't get to see him for so long, sad that he'll be in a rough place. And then there's the fear of something bad happening, but I really don't want to go there. I'll pray that God places a protective bubble over Lance while he's there and keeps him safe and out of harms way.



It's crazy to think my little brother is old enough to go off to war. I still think of him as that little boy I had to babysit during the summers instead of hanging out with my friends. My little buddy that watched Tommy Boy with me 5 times a day, everyday. Lance and I had a blast growing up...well I did, hopefully he did too.

You see, I kind of love my brother and want him to come home in one piece.
I'm so proud of him. Proud of his courage and bravery. Proud that he's in the Navy and serving our country.

Proud that Bria has a wonderful uncle who is not only courageous, but freakin' hilarious and a ton of fun.
That Lance, he's a character.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many prayers for your brother and your whole family. My hubs has been there and to Iraq many times, and he's home safe in one piece. :)

Sarah C said...

We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers too!

I hope you gave him a hug before he left, because "brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug"!

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Lance! I'm sure he'll be fine! And tell him thanks for serving our country!

Lindsay said...

I'll keep him in my prayers.

JavaArm said...

Wow...we didn't know that he was heading there...guess we out of the loop. We will keep him in our prayers and hope that all goes smoothly for him. I know it will be super hard to say goodbye!! We love you all!

Shannon said...

God Bless your brother and all those who are brave and dedicated enough to serve our country!

flojat said...

I have so much respect for the men and women who choose to serve to protect us. Bria's lucky to have such an amazing uncle!