Monday, March 15, 2010

Precious babies

Everybody says that you get baby amnesia. Meaning, you forget how hard those newborn days were and that is why people have more than 1 baby.
I thought, "No way, I blog so I won't forget how hard they were and how little sleep I got, and how my body hurt, and how I was so overwhelmed, and scared, and stressed, and hungry, and tired, and cranky, and did I mention tired?"

But it's true. I think it's because 1 is a pretty fun age, but it also makes you realize your little baby is not a little baby. They are a toddler. And then soon your heart misses that little newborn that nestled on your chest so perfectly, so you go look at pictures from the newborn days. And since you're smiling in the pictures those newborn days must not have been that bad. And then you watch videos of your little baby cooing and waving her arms up and down at the crib mobile or your hand so you think, that doesn't look very hard, look how easy it is to entertain them. Then you look at pictures of your baby daddy with that little newborn and your heart does more pitter pattering. Your big strong man with a tiny baby in his arms is enough to make you skip a few birth control pills.

It's true folks, I am starting to understand how people have more than 1 child. But don't read into it, I'm not ready for number 2. I still feel overwhelmed enough that I know I couldn't handle another baby right now. I need to learn more calming techniques before I had another blond haired, blue eyed, big bellied baby to the mix.
But it's nice to know that someday I will be ready. I'll be ready to give Bria a sibling and playmate that she will love and be annoyed with at the same time. Maybe a sister who she can share her secrets with or a brother who she can laugh with.

For now though, this little girl is enough.
She's more than enough, she's our whole world.



















Pictures courtesy of Jaime. She rocks, 'nuf said.

7 comments:

The Beavers said...

So precious!!
P.s. I have NOT forgotten how hard those first few weeks are and I still have anxiety about it!!! However, you are so right...the good outways the bad:) The rough stuff passes, you find new routines, new comforts. It's the unconditional love for that child that makes it so totally worth it!!!

goeckie said...

I think this might be one of my favorites of your posts. Love it!

Sarah C said...

What an achingly sweet post Linds! I love it.

Marissa said...

The pictures are adorable! Your sister is good at snapping little ones :)

I've already got the itch!!! I still remember the painful recovery but Brooklyn is such an angel she makes it too easy to want more :)

Unknown said...

Too precious... LOVE the pics!!

Kendra and Nathan said...

Ok, the second from the top picture - the little chicklet teeth showing - WOW WOW WOW she is adorable. Great job Lindsey and Brian for making such a child. And Jaime for capturing the adorableness! Linds - thanks for the comment...very sweet!

mrslrob1 said...

Lindsey, she is adorable. Oh those baby blues are gorgeous. She looks so much like you and Jenny did. I wished that I could see her. I am so glad that you are enjoying her so much. You and Brian are great parents. You have been so good to Kris and Lanie and have cloted Bristol. We love you.