Monday, September 16, 2013

The JT's

Jenny and Jax Tegner that is :)
While Brian went hiking with Schuyler, I had a fun weekend with my sister and nephew. We were hoping Jaime could come too, but the kiddos had school.

 We were beyond thrilled to have them come up and it was a really good distraction for Bria, who tends to fall apart when Brian leaves these days.
Reese loved the binkie thing :)
We got to spend lots of quality time together and we were all in heaven. Jax is one of the happiest babies ever. He is so content to run around and play and watch my crazy girls be...girls :)
Studious Reese
 It was still pretty warm so we went to a park with a splash pad and Jax was in HEAVEN. Seriously, the kids would get squirted in the face and still be smiling. This little girl was being a brat (sorry to sound bitchy but seriously, it's true) and following him around dumping water on him. I mean, come on! Where was her Mom?! But fortunately Jax couldn't have cared less, so she eventually got bored and moved on.
 The kids ran around (Reese prefers pools over shooting water, but warmed up to it a little) and had a grand old time until their lips were blue and we forced them to leave.

Belly!
 Friday Bria had preschool so the littles got to go for a walk to the park.

Then we picked Bria up and headed to the Zoo! Jax's first visit was a success, his favorite was the Lion.

My personal favorite, the Orangutan

A little picnic to refuel the kiddos





My favorite!





It was a pretty exhausting day, the little ones fell asleep in the stroller on the way to the car (Reese thought this little catnap was sufficient, I disagreed). Jax continued his nap at home and slept like a champ. My girls did not sleep and I could barely keep my eyes open. I eventually pretended I wasn't tired (cuz that's what you have to do sometimes) and made a cabbage salad for dinner that I was super excited about. I don't get to make fun stuff for meals because I have a VERY picky husband. Other fun meals included an avocado and tomato sandwich that was to die for. 
Before calling it a day we played outside to get them nice and tired. A little colored rice and swimming then bath and bed...finally!
Jenny and I got to hang out on the couch and talk for a few hours before we eventually went to bed ourselves. It was fabulous.
Saturday was haircut day for Jax!! His first haircut did not go well, not that the cut was bad, but Jax screamed the entire time. So Jenny was super nervous to try again but I told her I knew the perfect place...Pigtails and Crewcuts. 
They did not disappoint.
He started crying the second the apron went on and Jenny looked deflated. But the bright red haired stylist, aka Superwoman, didn't bat an eyelash as she whipped out the bubbles and instantly distracted Jax. 

 It continued to go well as we would grab a new distraction every minute or so.
It's safe to say we will see the Tegner's up here every few weeks, if just for the haircut ;)

Handsome lil devil!!
After a good nap for Jax it was time for them to head home. We were all sad to see them go but so grateful for the time we got to spend together. Can't wait for the next time!

2 comments:

tegner two said...

We are missing you guys!!! We had so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

You got great pics Lou!! What a great salon for kids!!


Sara