Sunday, September 22, 2013

2 years ago

This happened...
 ...and it happened FAST! You can read the story here to remember just how fast she came :)


It's hard to believe that just 2 years ago she was this tiny newborn.
 She was a sweet baby, but not content. It was rare to have her sleep soundly on me, she would fight sleep and wake often when I was rocking her. She also rarely got the whole milk drunk thing, in fact it was hard to tell when she was done nursing because she would squirm. Fortunately she was a great burper and rarely spit up.
 She preferred to be held 24/7 and would instantly wake up when you laid her down.
 But she could give the biggest smiles and laugh so sweetly. She adored watching Bria and was pretty tough from the get go about letting her big sister hold her and squeeze her.

 She was even more bald than her big sister as a baby, and had bright blue eyes.


I love baby bums in the air!
 Although she was a mama's girl, nobody could console her like her Daddy. He would rock her in the brown chair and she would curl up on his chest, she still does this.
 As she outgrew the newborn fussiness and we sleep trained her, she became such a happy baby!
 She easily smiled and played contently with anything and everything.
 Right away we could tell she had her Daddy's sense of humor, she had a sneaky look on her face when she was getting into something.
 But man can this girl put on the pouty look, she plays me like a fiddle!
 From sweet to sassy in .2 seconds!
 Have I mentioned her eyes? I love her eyes.

 She absolutely loves making people laugh and will do whatever it takes to do so.
 If I start to scold her for doing something this is the look I get:
 I'm in serious trouble with this one.
Especially because I can't stay strict when she gives me this look:
 Her playful personality and goofy antics definitely come from her Dad, and we adore her for them. She is always up to have fun and be crazy, her good nature her will help her in life.

 She has always been a cuddler. Still, even two years later this girl needs a good 30 minutes after nap time of cuddling before she wakes up. She still does the froggy position when you pick her up and I just LOVE it. She grips around your neck and holds on tight, it feels heavenly.
 She also got attached to blankies and stuffed animals at an early age and cuddles them to death in bed.


 Her independence started early, I think that might have to do with having an older sister but it could just be her. She is always saying, "I twy! I twy!" Which means: I try. I can no long help her in the car, she wants to climb in by herself. It's nice and all but when we are in a hurry I have a hard time with it.

 This girls love of food knows no bounds. Well, she has gotten a little pickier than she use to be, but still, this girl can eat! She is always asking for food and devours it.


 She loves water, but only if she's immersed in it, no shooting water for this girl.
 For the first 13 months of her life she cried every time I put her down for naps or bed. Not long, but a few minutes just to let me know she wasn't happy about it. However, since then she has been a CHAMPION! Knock on wood.
She is so easy to put down and cuddles up instantly in her crib. Grammy likes to say she goes down too easy, she would prefer more cuddle time :)
It's hard to believe my baby is 2 years old, she's a toddler. We still call her Baby Reese, not sure when she will outgrow that, if ever :)

So grateful for this sassy girl, she completes our family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww she's such a big girl!! Love her smiles.

Sara

Anonymous said...

Love those blue eyes wonder where she got them... ;) Can't believe she is two! I love her spunk and sweetness!!! Love Yaya