Friday, September 06, 2013

BBQ

After tailgating on Saturday we left and went to the Jensen's to watch the game. Well, Schuyler and Brian watched the game, I went swimming with my girls (nieces and daughters :) The game was...tragic. Not a good way to start the season. So let's skip where we hang our head in shame and get to the good stuff.
The Tegner's joined us later and we all had a good time catching up on life and playing with the kids. 
Sunday my Mom and Randy were gracious enough to have a BBQ with the whole family and I'm so grateful to them. It's a lot of work to throw a big BBQ and they are always so willing to, it means so much. Being together as a big family is just one of my favorite things ever. 

Most of the time is spent talking and laughing and making fun of each other, that's what family is about right?
Jax eating cherry tomatoes from the garden
 We also throw the football around, although it might be banned now after a little incident...you will hear about that in a second.
Abby and Porter

From left: Kailey, Jaidyn, my Mom, Jaime, and Jenny

Jax and Aunt Cassidy

My Mom and her oldest granddaughter, Jaidyn is getting so tall!

My sweet niece, love her
If you haven't already noticed, I took a bazillion pictures. It's not everyday that our family is together (minus my Dad who had to work :( ).
I am such a lucky aunt, adorable!! Kailey and Jax

Uncle Schuyler and the Jax Man

The kidless couple, so relaxed ;) Don't worry, they get plenty of pressure to start having adorable babies
 I felt bad because my girls were kind of being shy and not social or playful. I get sad when they are like that because I want them to enjoy the time with my family and vis versa. I shared my feelings with Bria and told her we don't get to see them very often and I miss them and just want them to see the sweet, kind, Bria. Am I a bad Mom? I don't think so because she did seem to shape up after that, even Brian noticed.
 Grammy and Terry came and it was just so wonderful to have them there. Have I mentioned how much I love our family being altogether? Cause I do.
Reese is the best cuddler ever


Reese and Jax. They could be twins. The hair, the eyes, the adorable personality. They have it all.
Kissing cousins!!
 Jax is such a true boy, rough and tough, but also super sweet. Kind of love him.

Anna and Abby relaxing

The obligatory mother daughter photo: Me, Jaime, Jenny, Mom

I'm so tall

Jaime photo bombing!

Anna and her girls (let's not talk about the fact that I am no longer the tallest sister...thanks a lot Abby! ;)

Mr. Awesome himself

Mommy kisses

Brian with his brothers, chatting it up (Brian, Lance, Schuyler)

Seeeesters!!

This is more realistic

Catching a sweet moment between my two cuties

Swimming time!!! 


Love this picture of my Mom and Bria

"I LOVE sherbert!"
Alright, so now for the football story.
The guys were throwing the football around and were giving Brian a hard time for his bullet style throw...he throws it HARD. So then they decided to take turns throwing it as hard as they could. Seems harmless...not really.
I decided to snap some action photos:
Schuyler blocking Lance
 And then I captured this following photo...
 What are they gasping about? Well, Lance threw the ball as hard as he could...right at Jax's face. Poor, innocent, child just walking around thinking the world was his oyster. Looking around at his family who loves him and just smiling at the happiness around him.
Then BAM!!!
Football, face, Jax down.
At first we all went right to Jax. No blood, no real brusing that we could see, it must have hit him square on.
Then, we went to Lance. He felt HORRIBLE. If you know Lance, you know he wouldn't hurt a fly. He's such a sweetheart (and manly and rugged too...not trying to sissy you up Bud ;) and it was very apparent he felt so bad. So us girls tried to reassure him while the guys made fun of him, what are brothers for right?
And Jax forgave him too...
See? Happy :)
Jax has always loved Uncle Lance so I don't think he will hold a grudge...also he probably didn't see who threw it.
Jax cried pretty hard but got over it fast. And the BBQ continued (although I could tell Lance was still internalizing the guilt...that's how we do it in my family ;)

Hilarious Porter being a goof! Seriously, this kid has the best personality

Kailey and Reese
Needless to say it was a wonderful, fantastic, fabulous weekend and one I will not soon forget. We definitely missed my Dad and it was killing him that he had to work, but that also shows what an amazing work ethic he has.
Thanks again Mom and Randy, you guys know how to throw a BBQ and make memories that will last a lifetime!!

No comments: