Monday, September 23, 2013

The day she turned 2

Reese's birthday was on Saturday the 21st, and I got to sleep in. I woke up to my girls telling me they had a surprise and I followed them downstairs to find this:


A box of donuts and a sweet card that said happy 2 year birth anniversary :) My husband is so thoughtful, it was so sweet I nearly couldn't eat the donuts...but I did ;)

We had a small party for Reese, just family. That way it wasn't stressful and I could be more focused on making her day fun. I did go to the dollar store for balloons to help party up the place :)






 Both girls were in Minnie Mouse attire since that was kind of the theme of the party.
Watching a little movie before the guests arrive
 We had Reese open her present from us before everyone got there, it was a huge success!



She was in love

Full body cuddles for Minnie
 We got some pizzas, beer, wine, and I made a banana pudding cake for dessert.
Minnie pizza :)
 We attempted to get a picture with Yaya, the girls and Minnie, but Reese did NOT want anyone else to  hold her Minnie.
 We got a good laugh :)
My Bria and her Yaya, blue eyed, blond haired girls :)

So cute!
 We all socialized and had a good time, then got to the good stuff...presents :) She got so many fun new toys, all of which she has played with every hour since her party.

Auntie Heather spoils her girls :)

Aunt Cassidy

Jax trying out the trampoline :)
 So Brian is a picky eater, I might have mentioned that before, once or twice. Anyway, the ONLY dessert he likes is chocolate so that's all we have for birthdays or any celebration really. Well, I decided to break out of that, I am dying to make new things and since Reese loves bananas and so do I, we had a little fun.
 She loved it, so did I and everyone else...except Brian who wouldn't even try it :( I didn't ever pressure him though, because that usually makes him more mad. But I was really hoping he would try it.
 At least the birthday girl enjoyed it!



Tackling Tracy :)
 I think Bria has been enjoying all of Reese's presents just as much as Reese has. The Little People princess castle has been a HUGE hit!! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Armstrong!

Kisses from Yaya

Jax being an adorable flirt

Minnie and her Daddy

Costume from Yaya 

Family!

"Come on Jax, let's take a picture!"

"Smile so everyone knows I am your favorite!"

Yep, he loves me :)


Sweet sisters

It was a very fun day and I think it's crazy that my baby is 2. Pretty fun!

1 comment:

LoAnn said...

Looks like such a fun day. Wished we could be there1