Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bang bang

 On Sunday Brian and I went on a date, not our normal dinner and a movie, we went shooting. I have never shot a gun before and I've been begging Brian to take me for awhile. He wasn't reluctant, just didn't know how serious I was.


I was serious.
I had a lot of fun. The gun was louder than I thought and definitely gives a little kick, I also had a harder time aiming than I thought. I figured I'd be a natural right away ;) 
The handgun was definitely my favorite to shoot, although the shotgun was cool and I had better aim with that...it's hard to miss with that thing.
I was a little apprehensive about shooting the shotgun. Worried about how hard it would kick and how loud it would be...

But I survived :) 
I got use to it and enjoyed shooting it after awhile.
I'm looking forward to going again soon. I want to feel comfortable shooting a gun...just because I think it's important.

While we were away, Aunt Heather came to play with her girls and they all had a great time.


Loves her Woody and Jessie still :)
They went for a walk to the park
Then I did this:

7:35 pm rocks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow look at you!! I tell ya I had a great time shooting weapons in basic training and my MP school. I didn't like, but of course it's necessary, having to clean the weapons after shooting. Always a good skill to have, and I do remember the first time firing a weapon was also with your husband, before I joined the Navy!! :) He didn't let me fire a shotgun though!!

Sara

Lulu said...

Yeah I should probably learn how to clean them...that's so cool that Brian took you shooting for your first time, he took Heather too! Guess he's a good teacher :)

Brandi said...

Brian totally took Chris shooting for the first time ever too! He should turn this into a business venture ;)

Lulu said...

Holy cow, he should! And for some random reason Brandi that reminds me about taking a walk in the snow and Chris falling on his a$$...pure hilarious and awesomeness! ;)