Saturday, September 29, 2012

Are you ready?

Are you ready for the season of pumpkins? Ya know, where everyone on facebook is putting pictures of their adorable kids at pumpkin patches or in painfully precious costumes. Where everyone is blogging about all their trips to pumpkin patches and talking about how they are sipping on pumpkin spice lattes. 
Well I hope you are because I will be one of the ones to be posting about all those things! 
I will wait another few days though because currently us Oregonians are enjoying 80 degree weather and I am thrilled about it. I adore the fall time, it is gorgeous and crisp and cozy, but our summers are short here so I definitely soak them up.
The sunshine today did not stop me from a little fall crafting session though. Randi and I got our pinterest on and made felt pumpkins for the girls to play with. It was super easy and it's super fun.

 You just cut a pumpkin shape out of orange felt, a stem out of green felt, and then a bunch of different pumpkin face pieces out of black felt.
Then you let your little one make a bunch of different faces...
 ...but not before you yourself have fun with it :)
The laughing pumpkin

The tired kitten (those are suppose to be whiskers, I know, they didn't turn out too good)

The angry unibrow pumpkin

The surprised pumpkin

Argh matey!
Randi had the brilliant idea of adding stitching around the outside of the pumpkin just to make it look even better, and it does just that.
So the moral of this post is:

  • I like pumpkin spice lattes
  • I will be posting a lot of pictures of my kids at pumpkin patches and most likely they will look the same except they will be on a different day
  • Making felt pumpkin faces is not just for kids

No comments: