Friday, September 21, 2012

1 year

My sweet Reese's pieces,

Today you turn 1. You have been with us for one glorious year.  I cannot begin to tell you how much I love you and how perfectly you fit our family. I remember the morning you were born very clearly because you came so fast, you were ready. I think this may be indicative of your personality, once you decide to do something, you do it.
This year has gone by incredibly fast, I can't believe my tiny newborn is now 1 and nearly walking. You have turned into a mama's girl through and through, if you catch a glimpse of me in a room it's all over, you cry and whine until I come hold you. Although fortunately if I am not anywhere near, you are content with others. Not only are you content, but you cuddle like there is no tomorrow. I can't tell you how precious it is, you nestle your head in the crook of a neck and wrap both arms around the neck. I think you make people pretty happy when you do this.
You my little Reese, adore your sister and love nothing more than when she plays with you. I for one, LOVE watching you girls crawl around and laugh together, it warms my heart more than you will know. Always remember your sister is your best friend, she will always be there. In addition to the love you have for Bria, you also have a spunky attitude and make it known when she is not making you happy. You believe that life should revolve around making you happy so if Bria does not give you what you want than you whine and scream to get attention. You have attitude girl :)
You and your Daddy share an adorable little bond centered around humor. You guys make hilarious faces at each other and you always give him your sweet little smirk after your jokes. You've taken many naps on his chest, in fact just this week your second half of your afternoon nap was spent on him. I kept telling him that he could put you down but he refused, he relishes in the moments he gets to cuddle with you. I'm not sure there is any place you are more relaxed on than your Dad's chest.
I am so happy that you are my little eater, you eat almost anything I put in front of you and I hope that continues. Your favorites seems to be grapes, bananas, blueberries, black beans and rice and nectarines.
We just started giving you whole milk during the day and like a true Holcomb you love it. We have to heat it up a little bit but you gulp it down. I still nurse you before you go to bed, but soon I think we will even be done with that. So I am soaking up these last few times I will nurse my baby, the way you feel tucked into my arms so content.
You have recently started standing on your own more often and have taken steps! We get so excited every time and you love that. I think you've taken about 4 steps before, but usually it's about 2 steps and then you dive into my arms.
I am so thrilled that you are in our family, we love you so much and you have brought us more joy than we thought possible. As much as this year has gone by too fast and I am mourning my baby getting bigger, I love that you and Bria grow closer the older you get. I can't wait to take family trips and listen to you too talk and play (and never fight ok?).
You are so loved Reese and we will ALWAYS be here for you, no matter what.
Lots of Love,
Mom

We had a little party with my family last weekend since we were down for the wedding:

Being sun to :)

"Well this is delicious, why haven't you given this to me before?"

My little piggy

It takes to long to go from the hands to the mouth


In chocolate heaven


"This is the life"

Reese Makena, 1 year old

No comments: