Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Sticking our feet in the sand

We went to the beach! My girlfriends and I were like, "Man, I can't believe we haven't gone to the beach yet this summer," and then we were like, "What are we waiting for?" and so we hopped in our cars and away we went! 
Well, we packed up half our houses and then away we went.
This was Reese's first trip to the beach and Bria's first trip of the summer. To say they had a good time is an understatement.

 We had a blast. The weather was sunny and blue skies...at the OREGON coast!? Unheard of, but a welcome change. We had so much fun building sand castles, digging holes, fishing sand out of babies mouths, and chasing waves.
Group shot!
 Before the kids had a mid day meltdown we made it to a cute little place for lunch. We were definitely the entertainment of the place, 3 moms with 6 kids...yeah it was a bit chaotic. But the kids did pretty well and we all tipped extra for the mess.
Us and our cuties

OMG right?!


Yep, PRECIOUS

My girls and me!

Reese kept clapping at the ocean and she loved sticking her feet in it

Bria and her buddy Bennett

Brian likes this picture, a lot. Why? Oh wait, there's my boobs!


Bria still tells me her favorite part was digging the holes

Our day at the beach was so fabulous we attempted to go again today. Well, we made it (minus Amanda and the boys since Wes was sick) but Reese was sick and SUPER cranky, it was cloudy and kind of cold. We still got some fun in, well everyone but Reese...
...she is inconsolable at times. I'm talking full out screaming bloody murder. I had the whole entire restaurant looking at me today like I was killing my child, they weren't even mad, they felt bad for her. I did too, especially since I couldn't calm her down. She's acted liked she has a cold the last couple days and the last two nights she hasn't slept that well. Last night at 11 pm we were up for an hour with her and as I type this she just started crying. It's obvious she is sick because she is normally a great sleeper. Let's hope this passes soon. Maybe teeth? I took her to the doctor this evening and no ear infections which is good.
I guess she is making sure I enjoy some much needed R&R this weekend, it's bachelorette weekend time! Sunriver with my sisters, soon to be sister (Kayla) and Kayla's friends and I couldn't be more excited. 2 nights away from my girls and hubby, 2 nights for Brian to be stay at home dad, first time away from Reese overnight. Wish us luck!

No comments: