Sunday, September 23, 2012

We had a party!

So I wasn't sure if I was going to go all out for Reese's 1st birthday party. I mean, it's not like she is going to remember it and last weekend was the wedding so we've been a little busy. Anyway, my friend Randi gave me an extra shove I needed to get my butt in gear. You only turn 1 once!
I didn't really have a theme, just colors: purple and pink. Of course :)
Blueberries, bananas, and grapes

The treat table
 We did hot dogs and hamburgers, chips, fruit, veggies, all the normal bbq stuff. Then we had two different kinds of yummy cookies and oreo cupcakes...which the birthday girl DEVOURED!
Us with the birthday girl

Grammy and Reese having fun

I'm pretty proud of my homemade banner :)

Amanda and Randi, sweetest friends ever. I know I say that every time I post of picture of them but it's true!

Baby Grease (as Amanda's boys call her :) loves her Miss Amanda!

And cupcakes!!

"Why did my Mom put this bow on my head, at least I have a cupcake."


All the kids at the party! Give them cupcakes and you can get a picture of 8 kids!

 Then it was present time, and this little girl got some adorable clothes. I was squealing with delight :)
"Don't even think about eating that cupcake, I'm going for seconds after I open these presents."

"I love clothes!"

Grammy got her pickles cuz this little girl loves her some pickles

Adorable clothes

Do you see those boots?! Ahh, LOVE!
We ended the night inside with a movie for the bigger kids. Reese and Charleigh had a blast crawling around and playing with toys since the older kids were occupied...for a few minutes anyway :)
My girl caught herself a snake ;)

Charleigh crawled!! She's been doing the army crawl for awhile and just started real crawling at our house!

Dusty (Amanda's husband) is so adorable with the kids and they love him :)
I am soooo glad we did a party. It was so much fun and Reese had a blast. And just to keep you up to date, Reese is walking while holding onto things, like the wall or something, but she took a bunch of steps tonight all by herself...getting closer to having a walker!

No comments: