Monday, August 31, 2009

Reminiscing

I often think about the day Bria was born. It was just such an exciting time and a wonderful experience, I loved it so much. Jaime took a ton of pictures for us while in the delivery room and I'm so grateful she did. The lighting was a little off because I had them turn the lights down to help me relax, I'm so selfish I know ;) But good or bad lighting, she captured the happiest day of our life and I love looking at these pictures. We are so lucky to have a photographer in the family, thanks Jaime!

This was taken right after I got my epidural. I had the shakes so they covered me in warm blankets:

Pushing:

In between pushes I focused on relaxing and going to a happy place:

My beautiful pouty-liped baby girl:

Our first family picture:

Grandma Renshaw beaming with her first grandchild:

Grandma Brooks (see where Bria and I get our blue eyes from?) happy as can be:

Aunt Jenny with Bria:

Aunt Jaime with Bria:

Proud Grandpa Armstrong with his granddaughter:

Dad, Grandpa, and little Bria:

Us with the midwife, Tina, who delivered Bria:

Man I was full of fluids, look at my face!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you looked like me, all swollen from fluids! And, the epidural made my whole back itch. My mom got the funniest pic of my nurse scratching my back cuz I couldn't reach it. :)

Shannon said...

What great memories, I cant believe Bria is 6+ months old!

Mary said...

Adorable pics Linds! How great to be able to carry those memories with you forever!

And, wow - you and your sister could be twins! :)

Emilie said...

Im glad you shared those pictures. Im sure you enjoy looking back on that special day.

Hope you and Bria, and Brian of course are doing well!