Thursday, August 13, 2009

Play dates

We've been having fun the last couple days, lots of little play dates and get togethers. Way back on Friday afternoon we got together with my friend Shauna, and her little girl, Aria. Aria is 1 1/2 and is such a cutie. We went to lunch and Shauna and I had a good time catching up from our cheer days at OSU, it's crazy that we are both mom's now.

Fast forward to Monday, Bria and I went to see Aunt Jenny at work and Jenny had gotten her the cutest onesie. It has Filmore from Cars on it, and it's PERFECT because he's a green VW bus. For those that don't know, Brian is obsessed with VW buses and had many growing up. So needless to say Brian was thrilled when he saw the new onesie :)
Thanks Aunt Jenny!

I put MJ's bone on Bria's boppy to lure MJ over there:
Unfortunately it didn't work, she just stared at it.


Tuesday my friend from high school, Adrienne, came over with her little girl, Talara. She will be 2 in October and is such a smartie pants. She could talk so well too and was asking all sorts of questions. Adrienne actually lives in the neighborhood which is so exciting, we'll be getting together a lot now.
So that brings us to Wednesday morning. Bria woke up grumpier than usual and it just got worse. She seriously cried almost all morning, only taking a break to nap for 1/2 hour. I tried everything, feeding her, changing her, rocking her, Tylenol, teething tablets, you name it. Nothing was working. I finally got her to go down for a second nap (I don't even remember how) and although it was a short one, she woke up happier and did fine the rest of the day. Which was a good thing because Brian's mom came over and took us out to lunch, so she behaved for Grandma.

Bria even helped me with some laundry:


I thought this little Dr. Seuss onesie was cute, and the baby legs go quite well:


After lunch with Grandma, Bria decided to check out underneath her crib to make sure everything was working properly:


Pausing to smile for mommy:



She was having a good time exploring her crib.

I'm not sure what made her so unhappy in the morning, but I do know that her nose is STILL stuffy. It has been a week and I'm not sure what to do. She will choke on the mucous sometimes because her nose is so full. And of course she screams bloody murder when I use the booger sucker on her, but today I pinned her down and got out quite a bit of snot-hopefully that helps.

Bria tried Oatmeal for the first time the other day. I was wondering how I would know if Bria didn't like a certain food, she seems so chill about new foods. But I found out. She screams and cries until you:
A. Feed her something else
or
B. Get her out of the high chair

I can't believe she likes peas but doesn't like Oatmeal. This is the 3rd morning I've tried Oatmeal and it was the same thing, she screamed and cried like I had hurt her or something. So then I grabbed some applesauce and life was better. I ended up mixing the 2 which worked pretty well, but I think she was starting to catch on towards the end.

She is doing so well with sitting up, we practice quite a bit every day and she is getting stronger and stronger. She is still wobbly and doesn't sit long on her own, but I realized today that a lot of that is because she is so interested in looking around which throws off her balance. I put all her toys in front of her and she did better, but got bored of them and wanted to look around. She doesn't like to look at one thing for too long, hopefully she doesn't have ADD like Brian.

I am in utter shock that my little baby is going to be 6 months next week, ahhh! That is just crazy. I am taking in all the moments I can, especially when she grabs my fingers, lays her head on my chest while sucking her thumb, gives me kisses, smiles her gummy smile, and so much more. I just love her.

5 comments:

flojat said...

Ah, what a sweet entry! Sorry she had such a rough morning, but sounds like she got past it!

Schenk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

wow, she's getting so big! i bet it's great seeing her personality come out huh? love the dr. suess onesie!!

goeckie said...

Don't lose faith. Several articles that I've read have said that it takes up to 10 tries to get a baby to like certain foods and most moms stop at 3 tries. So there is hope for the oatmeal. She is such a sweetheart like always.

Steph said...

How adorable does she look in that onesie! Love it!