Monday, August 17, 2009

Long week

Last week was a long week. Bria was having a rough morning every morning and nothing I did was helping. She also decided she was too big for naps. So the days were long, but we tried to make the best of them. I really think it's teething because this morning her bottom tooth is really close to breaking through, hopefully it does soon.

Bria is enjoying her solid foods and has tried applesauce and green beans, both of which she loves. The next new food will be sweet potatoes and then we'll move to fruits, I think she'll really like fruits. I also think it's about time to try a sippy cup because this girl is obsessed with our drinks and she is strong too. If you're holding her on your lap and pick up your drink, she'll intercept you and take a nose dive into your cup. It's hilarious, but seriously hard to loosen her grip.
Friday I decided a walk would be good for us, so we ventured outside. It was really cold in the morning so I got to bundle her in cute pants and a hoodie :) She enjoyed the walk and surprisngly didn't fall asleep.

Then Bria and I drove down to Brian's work on Friday and had lunch at Olive Garden. Afterwards we went and sat in a park while Bria played. It was so nice and I wish he worked closer to where we lived, or visa versa because it would be so nice to do that everyday.

She likes to lick the condensation off our glasses:




Saturday we went to the Jensen's to hang out for awhile and just get out of the house. Jaidyn let Bria borrow her cute red hat since it went with her outfit:

She ended up taking a pretty good nap there so we stayed there until she woke up. After we got home Brian did some yard work and Bria and I laid outside on a blanket. She was having a blast, especially watching the dogs run and play. We were watching Sammy for my Mom and Randy and he definitely keeps Bria entertained!


We also had a pretty big breakthrough this weekend: MJ started liking Bria!! She was sitting by her, licking her hands, licking her face, licking her feet. Brian and I were thrilled to death. I think MJ was getting jealous of Sammy being with Bria and decided to get protective. It was pretty funny. I won't go so far as to say that MJ loves Bria yet, but we're getting there and I am so happy.
And yet another breakthrough occurred, Bria sat for a long time all on her own! I was so proud of her.


Giving mommy some attitude:

Thursday she has her 6 month check up and shots, ick. Not looking forward to the shots at all.

5 comments:

Carly said...

2 things make this post awesome...
*the unbelievably cute baby
*the man in uniform ;)

Lulu said...

I couldn't agree more Carly, I love my man in his uniform :)

Z said...

Awww! Look at Brian.. I mean, uh, Bria ;)

That red hat looks so good on her!

Unknown said...

that's so funny Bria licks the condensation off your cups. our cat, Princess, does that! :)

i love love love all the cute pics of your baby girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy MJ's finally coming around!! And that last pic of the attitude is great!! lol

Sara