Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Different everyday

We use to have a routine. It was predictable, it worked for Bria, it worked for me, it was nice.
But Bria decided she didn't want a routine and I'm not pushing her to get on one. That's a big step for me so I am very proud. Some days she stays up for 3 or 4 hours before getting tired and wanting a nap. Other days, like today, she was up for 2 hours and conked out already. I guess I'll just go with the flow and let her tell me when she's tired and when she's ready to party... except there will be no parties at 2 am, end of story.


We had 2 really hot days last week so this is how Bria kept cool:

How do you cool off on those hot days when you don't have a/c?

Friday Bria and I went shopping with Jaime and the kids up to the outlet malls. It was so nice to get out of the house and spend time with my sis and nieces and nephew. Bria did pretty good considering she went from her car seat, to stroller, to car seat. She had a big melt down on the way home and poor Porter was plugging his ears and telling us to make her stop. I told him I wish I could!

Saturday we made a very last minute decision to head up to the lake and meet my mom and Randy. That will probably be our last boating trip of the summer so I'm glad we decided to pack up and go. It's about an hour drive each way and Bria did really well, I was thrilled since the day before she lost it. Boating was a lot of fun and it was so nice to be in the sun and just relax.

Bria sitting on Grandma's lap:

I don't think she actually figured out how to get water out of her sippy, but she had fun playing with it:

"Mom, stop taking pictures."
My brother Lance and his girlfriend, Kayla, came with us which was a lot of fun. Now that Lance is living on his own I barely see him so it was nice to spend some time with him.

Sunday Brian's Dad and Kathie came down since they had just gotten back from their trip to Australia. They brought us some fun souvenirs which was really nice.

So that sums up our weekend. Bria and I spent a lot of time outside yesterday, going for walks, sitting in the backyard, getting the mail :)
Bria is a pretty cuddly baby and I am forever thankful for that. I was a very cuddly baby so it's only fair that I have one too :) She started doing this new thing where she wraps both her arms around me and it just makes me melt. She's always laid her head on our shoulder and wrapped one arm around us, but just yesterday she wrapped the other around my neck and it was the best feeling. I love feeling her soft hands on my neck, it's the best.

She is getting very grabby now, you can't have anything in your hands when holding her because she will surely grab it from you. She loves to grab your face, hair, clothes, anything she can get her hands on. This is making diaper changing a little bit of a challenge.
Speaking of diaper changes, the prune juice is definitely working. I am very happy it is because I was worried we might have to resort to something stronger.

Yesterday she finally figured out how to drink from a sippy. I also figured out that the way to help her was to hold her like I was giving her a bottle, it worked perfectly.

That's it for now, I leave you with a picture of her first tooth (you might have to click on the picture to make it bigger)!

8 comments:

goeckie said...

Look at that tooth! I'm glad the sippy is working out. I think we have the same one (except W's is blue). :-)

Shannon said...

Awww, I love Bria's tooth!

I also like that she is so cuddly, I bet thats amazing for you :)

Brandi said...

I can't believe that she is so big! I miss Austin's sweet little gummy smiles ;o)
She is so beautiful, and you look hot mamma!!!!!!

Kari said...

I see it (tooth)! So cute!

Danielle said...

awww she is so cute! I love her little life jacket. Isn't it great that they can finally wear them now? They look so uncomfy in them before they can sit up!

Silvina said...

How cute her 1st tooth! I love her eyes!

Anonymous said...

Love the tooth! Gotta love how they are so shy about showing those puppies off at first. :)

Amy said...

look at those chunky thighs, i love it!