Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Good days

Bria has been on a really good routine the last couple days and I'm very thankful for it. Instead of getting my hopes up that this is the routine she'll keep for good, I'm just enjoying it. She slept in until 8 am Sunday and Monday, almost 2 hours later than her normal, wahoo!
Since Bria started eating solids our days have changed a little, here is what they look like:

  • 6:30 am-7:30am:Wakes up, nurse then play for a bit.
  • 8am-8:30am or 9: She eats a bowl of oatmeal(she finally likes it!) and a container of applesauce.
  • 10:30-11:30 am:She goes down for a nap, it's usually about an hour and a half to 2 hours long.
  • 12 pm:Nurse and then play or go for walk
  • 2 pm ish: She eats a container of fruits or vegetables, sometimes 1 1/2 containers. More playing, reading, or going for a walk.
  • 3:30-4:30 pm: Goes down for another nap, this is a shorter one, about 1/2 hour to an hour.
  • 5 pm ish: Nurses then we play some more, greet Daddy when he comes home and spend family time together. Usually Brian and I dance to try and make Bria laugh, it's fun for everyone.
  • 7:15 pm: Start her bedtime routine
Here is our bedtime routine, I love it:
  • Bath-While I bath Bria, Brian gets her room all ready: closes the curtains, blinds, turns on the lamp, her fan, and the monitor.
  • PJ's on-I lotion her all up, diaper, and then put her pj's on. Brian comes in and says good night.
  • Nurse-I nurse her one last time.
  • Story-If she is still awake, I'll read her a bedtime story.
We started this when she was about 4 months old and it works really well for the most part. Of course the past 2 nights she has not wanted to go to sleep so Brian and I have taken turns holding her and calming her down. We make a good team and I must say Brian ROCKS at calming her down and putting her to sleep. It has taken about a half hour to 45 minutes both nights which is really rare for her, but oh well. She even woke up twice last night (once at 12 and once at 3) which is odd, luckily she went down pretty easy after I held her for a minute.

Bria has tried almost all the vegetables and fruits that Gerber offers in the 1st foods, the last one she has to try is bananas. She has liked all of them so far and is such a good eater. Today is her 3rd day of prunes and boy do those things work. Bria has solid stool and has to push pretty hard to get it out, but yesterday she completely filled up her diaper front to back (luckily nothing got outside the diaper, love Pampers!) with gooey poo. I know it was those prunes and I'm glad she was able to get it all out without it hurting her! Fortunately she has been regular the last week even without giving her prune juice so I guess her body is adjusting to the solid food.
Her throwing up has gone down too, it took awhile but I'm starting to see a difference and I am so grateful for that. She still spits up, but it's much smaller amounts and a lot less frequently, yay!
Her appetite has definitely picked up this last week or so and she is eating more solids. She's also doing good with a sippy cup, once a day I'll have her drink a little bit of water from a sippy to get use to it.

I went through Bria's tote of clothes for 9 months + and it looks like she has a pretty good amount of pj's, but just a few outfits. So I decided to start shopping now for some clothes and spread out the cost. My neighbor had a garage sale so I got a few outfits from her and then I went to a second hand store down town and got 2 pairs of pants size 12 months that are adorable. She is actually wearing them now since it's a little chilly in the morning, they are big but I just roll them up. I also picked up a cute little pant and shirt set from Target that I couldn't resist.

Bria has been LOVING MJ. She squeals, laughs, and smiles at MJ any time she sees her, it's pretty adorable. It's nice because MJ is able to calm her down sometimes when she's upset. MJ is really coming around and licks Bria to death, which Bria loves of course. Bria tries to grab MJ and eat her fur, which MJ doesn't love, but also doesn't hate, she just takes it and then walks away slowly when Bria lets go.

Yesterday I was playing peek-a-boo with her and putting her blanket over her face, she gets so excited and kicks her legs which I love. Well I let go of the blanket and she grabbed hold of it and started doing it herself! She would put the blanket over her face and then gradually move it away, it was so sweet. So we ended up playing peek-a-boo for awhile :)
Also, she started jumping in her jumparoo. She can just barely touch the ground but it's enough for her to get some momentum going and I love watching her jump up and down.

Bria has been loving the mirror. I'll take her in our room and sit her in front of our big mirror and she just smiles and plays with the baby in the mirror. She loves giving the baby kisses and it's hilarious.



I couldn't resist taking pictures of her sleeping during her nap the other day, so precious:

There is something special about a sleeping baby:

And adorable baby feet:

The flash from the camera made her stir, but she flopped on the other side and went back to sleep:
I liked this outfit so I put her in the rocking chair and snapped a bunch of pictures:




Bria definitely has her favorite toys right now. She loves her toy keys and shakes them vigorously. She also loves this little bug:
When you pull or bend the body the cheeks light up and she makes cute noises, Bria gets all smiley when she sees it.
She also loves Lilly:

Lilly sings a counting song and counts to 10, Bria loves it. Does that mean she'll be an accountant like me?
There are a few other toys she is enjoying right now, like the little alphabet spinning wheel that Heather got her, she is able to spin it pretty good and even does it with her feet. Brian was playing with her in the living room while I was making dinner and I heard that toy going for quite awhile, I thought, "Wow, Bria is doing a great job." Finally I went to go see our little genius playing with it, but lo and behold it was Brian who was mesmerized by it. It's a toy for both Brian and Bria!

The bumbo is definitely coming in handy, and the tray is perfect for it:
I found a Moms club here in town and I am so excited about it. Apparently it's an international club and there are over 2,000 chapters worldwide. Anyway, the President of our chapter (it sounds so official!) lives on the same street as us. So I went over there today and she gave me all the info. I am really looking forward to it and can't wait to go to playgroups with Bria and meet other moms. They do lots of cools stuff: weekly playgroups, holiday parties, moms night out, field trips, and community service projects.

This weekend we are going to be tailgating, Go Beavs! And then doing some BBQ'ing on Sunday and Monday with Brian's family. Should be a good weekend, especially since it's Brian's first weekend without any classes to worry about. 7 months until Brian is officially done with school. SWEET.

No comments: