Thursday, August 06, 2009

Mama


So Bria has made the "da" noise for awhile and finally started making the "mmm" noise in the last few days. Well, yesterday, she said it. She said mama! It actually is more like mom and I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that come out of her adorable little mouth. I throw a party every time she says it and she enjoys that.
So who won the Mom Vs Dad? It's hard to say, she was making the da noise first, but it was random and she didn't do it when she saw Brian necesarily. I'm not 100% sure she is correlating me with mom but she only says it when I'm around as opposed to saying it while she's laying in her crib babbling. Either way we are both thrilled that she is saying da-da and mom, THRILLED.

It's amazing how much pressure I feel as a mother. Did you know that 75% of brain development occurs by the time your baby is 1? 1?! And 90% of brain development occurs by age 4. So before we even send our kids to school, 90% of their brain is developed. Holy cow that puts a lot of pressure on parents. So of course being a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) I put even more pressure on myself. I need to constantly be teaching Bria and helping her learn, it is tiring. Often I feel like a failure as a mother if I let her play on her excercise mat while I shower, or let her lay on her blanket and suck on her teething toy that she loves so much.
But then my wonderful husband builds me back up. He was watching Bria and I play games yesterday and the following conversation occured:

B: "You love being a stay at home mom, huh?"
L: "I absolutely love it, why?"
B: "You have been sitting here for the last hour and a half playing games with Bria, I'm tired just watching. You're a really good Mom."

It just warmed my heart and gave me strength.

And now for a cute video of Bria eating, this is how she tells us she is ready for a new bite (around 45 seconds she gives the camera a little curtesy smile):



I think it's time to teach her baby sign language for "more, please".

9 comments:

Marissa said...

That is so funny!!! I don't know how you could keep a straight face when she does that.

No need for sign language, she clearly knows how to tell you what she wants :)

Too too cute!

E said...

That is the cutest video ever!

I can't believe you doubt yourself, you are an amazing mama!

Kristin said...

I can't get over how cute he is!!!:)

Danielle said...

ok that's probably the cutest thing I've EVER seen. I love when she stops, sucks the thumb, and the gets back to eating. So sweet I can't stand it!

Shannon said...

You are an amazing Mom. I love watching videos of you with Bria and hearing about how you interact with her, you're doing great.

That video made me laugh, so cute!

goeckie said...

This video is hilarious! I love it! I know you are a wonderful mother. Don't ever doubt yourself.

Amy said...

cute video! try to not be so hard on yourself. remember the kids need recess too!

Steph said...

I say you win over the Mom vs Dad thing :)

♥ Lovfer♥ said...

You are an AMAZING mother! How could you ever doubt yourself? Oh, and your kid cracks me up!