Saturday, March 23, 2013

We didn't start the fire...

...it was always burning since the world was turning.
You are welcome for getting that song stuck in your head.
Yesterday was field trip day at school and it was to the fire station we went! We carpool all the kiddos over and I was lucky enough to be teacher helper :) We got all the kids ready and headed out to the cars.
Bria has made such a sweet friend at school named Ella. So of course we wanted her in our car. I got them buckled in, started the car, and was waiting for my turn to pull out when I heard Bria sweetly say, "Can I hold your hand Ella?" and I turned around to see this:

 I mean, right?! So sweet.
They were inseparable during the whole field trip and didn't stop holding hands.
I was impressed by how well Bria paid attention to the firefighters, guess she likes a man in uniform like her Mom does ;)
Bria and Ella watching in awe

He told them to stomp on his steal toed boot, Bria didn't hesitate

More stomping
 The kids had a good time and I learned the difference between a Fire truck and a Fire Engine. Basically a fire truck is for reaching high places and the engine has the water and hoses. You may have already known that, I did not and now I feel much smarter.
The firefighters were all incredibly sweet, it was a fun field trip.


They all sang cheese for a good 30 seconds while we took pictures!

No comments: