Wednesday, March 06, 2013

8 is Great!

This stud turned 8, can't believe it!
My nephew, Porter (Schuyler and Jaime's youngest), turned 8 and got baptized. It was surreal thinking this was their last to get baptized and that their "baby" is 8. Crazy.
The baptism was great and afterwards we headed to their house to celebrate. It was packed and that's how we like it, lots of family and lots of love!

Reese making herself comfortable in between Yaya and Papa

 Abby is the rock star that the little girls look up to, Bria would not let her leave her side.
Bria with her Aunt Abby
 My cousin Brett and his wife Jen just moved to Newport (over by the coast) a few months ago so it's fun to have them be able to come to family stuff now. They have 3 little kids and their middle girl, Jozalynn is 5 and loved Abby too.
I felt like we only had one child the entire night because Bria was off playing with the big kids and what's nice is I totally trust them with her. Another perk to a big family and kids getting older.

Baby Jax and Grandma Anna!

Jaidyn approves of the delicious dessert (by the way I about fell off my chair when I saw Jaidyn's hair, she is gorgeous and looks so old now!! Ahh!)

My cousin Brett with their youngest and my youngest :)

Cousin loves!
Usually when we head down we stay the night, but we were lazy and didn't want to pack all the stuff necessary for two kids. If you don't have kids you are thinking, come on, it's not that hard. Pack some clothes and call it good.
Oh my friend, you are wrong. First you need to pack more than one set of clothes, in case disaster strikes. Also, you must have blankies and their lovey at the time. Bria's changes daily, Reese's is an adorable dolly. Then a sound machine, toiletries, swim suits, more diapers since you'll be staying longer, more wipes, an extra set of clothes for yourself in case disaster strikes, sippy cups, children's medicine in case disaster strikes in the middle of the night, their favorite pillow, a night light, an emergency kit in case disaster strikes, snacks to feed an army, finger nail clippers, their favorite toys to help keep them busy, cleaning stuff to clean up the mess they will inevitably make at the house you are staying at, ear plugs (this one is for you to help sleep), batteries, wine (also for you), and a camera to capture the very busy weekend.
Also, you have to make sure and leave room in the car for the kids.
Anyway, we decided to just head home around 7 pm...which naturally turned into 8 pm. Reese fell asleep right away, awesome! At 8:41 pm Reese wakes up and screams bloody murder while Bria yells at her. I sing songs to help and then end up curling in the fetal position and plugging my ears.
This apparently works because both girls quiet down.
Reese falls asleep at 9:05 pm and Bria falls asleep at 9:12 pm. We pull into our garage at 9:13 pm. Of course, 'cuz that's how it is with kids.
We got the kids in bed and Reese proceeded to have a tough time sleeping, I think she was overtired. So the jury is still out on whether or not it's better to stay the night or just drive home. Ultimately it feels damn good to sleep in your own bed and sleeping well supersedes most things.


Also, I'm glad I'm in this crazy thing called parenthood with my BFF. Aside from his natural charisma, he's hilarious and keeps me laughing through the hair-pulling times. I got a good one!

No comments: