Monday, May 02, 2011

A camping we will go

Camping was successful! We had a fun couple of days out in the wilderness, roughing it. Alright, so we weren't really roughing it since we stayed in this beauty here:
and we had access to bathrooms complete with showers. But still, we were camping in the cold April weather that Oregon is blessed with. Fortunately it didn't rain much, a little bit on Friday when we got there, all night Friday (but we were sleeping so that's okay) and a little Saturday morning but the rest of the time it was dry and that made it so much nicer.
My Mom and Randy had a really nice site right across from us that had easy access to the lake. Bria was absolutely obsessed with going down there and throwing rocks in the lake, not only did she like to throw rocks but she wanted you to throw really big ones that made a huge splash. She could have literally sat there all day doing that.
A hug from my most favorite toddler in the world.
I just love her.

So we spent our weekend throwing rocks in the lake and feeding a cute little male and female duck couple that hovered around the campsite the entire weekend.
Some geese wanted in on our bread but I don't like geese. They hiss and although I'm normally scared of bird-like creatures, I would've drop kicked this geese in a second if it came anywhere near Bria.

Chillin' by the lake throwing rocks in.

My favorite thing to do is hang out by the fire. I LOVE campfires, they smell good, they are warm and they just remind me of good old camping. Plus, roasting marshmallows and making s'mores is one of the best things to do by a campfire.


My Mom is in the background and just realized she missed the royal wedding since she was camping. It really upset her.
Not really, she was just sneezing :)

Bria was such a good little camper. I was so happy with how well she did, I mean there were a few meltdowns but overall I think she did awesome. She slept like a champ in the trailer, just woke up early since it was really bright in there at 6:30 am. It made me excited for when we go camping in Shasta, California, especially considering we'll be spending a week there!
Bria cuddling up on Mommy's sleeping bag.

This is where Bria slept, she got a whole full bed to herself :)

This is Bria playing with bubbles, which she also was obsessed with. Isn't the view of the lake beautiful?!



My man and me sitting by the fire

Papa and Ya-ya with Bria

Now we are home, unpacked and working on laundry since our clothes all smell like the lovely campfire I talked about earlier. My hair still also has a subtle hint of campfire even though I washed it a bunch in the shower, campfires just stay with ya :)

And this little video is kind of long since it's Bria saying the same thing over and over again. But I had to capture her playing as the adults sat by the fire. She played for quite awhile just walking around and then started saying, "Scientific fairy research," because that's in the third tinkerbell movie. It was cracking me up, she was pretending to write on the cooler with a stick, love her little imagination :)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Bria is getting so big! I can't believe it! Thanks for your kind comments about Dillon. We hope to go camping soon too. It looks like you guys had a blast!

Unknown said...

OMGosh I love her!! "Scientific Fairy Research!!" She is so creative!! :)