Friday, May 06, 2011

Big girl bed? Okay!

So I was scared to post anything too early in case I jinxed it, but Bria has been in her big girl bed for over 2 weeks now. This girl blows my mind. I get so scared and anxious for new transitions and then she does all awesome and I worry for no reason. Just another way she is like her Dad and I am very grateful for that.
Like I mentioned, we had both the bed and crib in Bria's room so she would get use to the bed. One day for nap time she wanted to sleep in her bed so we said, okay sure. She took a little while to go to sleep and ended up going to sleep with her feet bent up towards the headboard. But she slept well. That night she wanted to sleep in her bed, I was terrified because I wasn't quite ready for the bedtime battle but I didn't want to discourage her or anything so again we said sure!
She did awesome, I believe the first 3 nights in her bed she woke up once in the middle of the night and I would go in to find her in some crazy position so I'd put her back on the pillow and give her a kiss and she was fine. She doesn't always sleep with her head on the pillow or even in the right direction for that matter, but she sleeps and that is what counts.
I'm so excited that she is doing so well in her big girl bed and we pray it continues. It feels really good to have her potty trained and in a big girl bed well before our next baby girl comes along.
I love my little sleeping angel.

We are still getting glimpses of good spring weather and we run outside to enjoy it when we can.
We have a park within walking distance so that has been really nice to go to on the sunny days. It's pretty small and doesn't have swings (the swings are Bria's absolute favorite) but it works. Plus it has a big grass area to run and play in.

We usually take the wagon there since the walk tires Bria out. This girl doesn't like sitting in her wagon normally, she prefers to lounge.

One time I made the mistake of not taking the wagon and I so regretted that. She made me carry her most of the way and this pregnant mama was so tired. I started cramping and when we got home I had to sit down for awhile and drink some water. Guess the baby didn't appreciate me carrying 30 pounds and walking a mile.
It looks like she's asleep here, which would've been so awesome and hilarious. But she's just squinting because her pretty blue eyes aren't use to seeing the sun.

This weekend we are heading back home for my niece's baptism. Can't believe Kailey is 8 already, so crazy. Anyway, we're excited to see the family and Bria always loves playing with her cousins, aunts & uncles, and of course her grandparents.
Something tells me they kind of like her too ;)

No comments: