Thursday, May 19, 2011

That was fantastic

Every once and awhile Bria will go through these AWESOME sleep phases. I mean, she's a good sleeper in general, but I think during growth spurts or something she sleeps extra long. It only lasted for a few days but it was a fantastic few days, she would sleep from 8-8 and then take a 2 1/2 hour nap on top of that. It was seriously awesome.
Yesterday morning she woke at 7 am so I knew our little phase was over, but that's okay, I enjoyed it while it lasted. And I'll enjoy it when it comes back :)


Now I understand what all the moms were talking about when they said their toddler went through a CHEESE face phase with pictures. Bria really accentuates the "CH" part of cheese so that's usually the face I capture.
Evidence of said "CH" face.



And then out of nowhere this dog comes up to us, seriously. I expected an owner would follow shortly but no one did. I made sure Bria didn't touch the dog, even though it had tags on and stuff you never know a dogs temperament. It seemed really really sweet which is why I even let it get that close to Bria. She of course was in doggy heaven, this girl loves dogs and gets so excited when we see them. I hope someone found their dog, it took off shortly after this picture.


This is more her real smile, gotta love it :)

I've been spending time brainstorming about how to decorate Bria's room, the nursery, the bathroom. I have fun doing it but I also feel a little lost, decorating is not my strongest suit and I always doubt myself and my style, so I'm trying to embrace it and go with what I like.
Originally I was going to do Bria's room in TinkerBell, but she is in love with Toy Story, particularly Jessie and Buzz. So then I thought I could do a black and white room with red and yellow accents (Jessie has a red and yellow shirt). I found these curtains and thought they were perfect. Then I thought I could spray paint her letters red (they are currently pink) and then put them on a black shelf and put a cute yellow daisy in there as an accent.
I love the idea, but then I started to worry it wasn't toddler enough. But I also can't afford to change her room every 2 years so I was hoping this would last for awhile. Especially because we can change the Jessie out without having to buy new curtains and stuff. Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud and would love opinions. You can be honest, if it's too old for a toddler or if it's just not kid enough in your opinion, it seriously won't hurt my feelings.
I've also been brainstorming the nursery and how to decorate, I know I want to do a purple since that is my obsession, and we have Bria's brown curtains so I think we'll do those two colors. But I'll write more about the nursery on the pregnancy blog.
We are having some gorgeous weather this week so I'm going to go out and enjoy it while I can!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Love the cheese face! Dillon does that too. I have no great ideas for the room. Dillon still has his same dragonfly theme. I haven't changed it! haha

Jenn said...

Emma Kate makes that same face and says really loud every time she sees a camera "cheese!" I love it! These little toddlers are so much fun and she talks so much. I love carrying on conversations with her. Bria is just too cute :)

Brandi said...

I freak out about stray dogs too, You never know! And Bria's cheese face is so cute I just wanna kissy on those cheeks! Hope you are all well!