Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Flyin' Fairy

My tiny Tinker Bell, my little Bria Bell:
One of Bria's Christmas presents included Tinker Bell wings and a wand.
Such a girl, this girl has a blast dancing around with them.


I wanted to update a little on our awesome, diaper-free, toddler. Potty training was tough, but the best thing we ever did. I LOVE not changing diapers. We went "balls to the wall" which means we didn't do pull ups or anything, even at night. The day time she is a super star, we are starting to venture out more and I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with her ability to tell me when she has to go. I carry around a little toilet adjuster seat in my purse (it's fully zipped in it's own compartment and clean, don't worry...yes I have a big mom purse. Glad big is in!) and today was the first day she used a public restroom, she even went poop in it! That's my girl! Guess she hasn't developed her mother's fear of going number two in a public restroom, good for her.
Night time was going really well, occasionally she'd wet a tiny bit but then she'd cry out and I'd take her potty and she would finish on the toilet. Then she started regressing for a couple nights and I was a little frustrated. Then I remembered that she isn't even 2 and I need to take a chill pill. So now we are on a plan to curb that night wetting and I'm hopeful and optimistic.
I do have to do a public shout out to my cousin Lanie who totally helped me through it. She doesn't think she did but she did. I would text her and tell her that I couldn't do it and she would send one back that gave me motivation and patience. Thank you Lanie, I hope I can be as big of a help when you potty train Bristol.

Other than pooping in public restrooms, we haven't been up to a lot. For New Year's Eve we had our friends, Erin, Jimmy, and their little boy, Gabe come up. Gabe is 6 months younger than Bria (Bristol's age) and they have a great time together. Gabe is such a boy and is all about running and jumping. My cautious daughter watches him in complete awe. We had so much fun, we had take out-Buffalo Wild Wings-um, YUM! played Wii (we got one for Christmas, thanks mom, randy, dad, and anna!), and just talked. We managed to stay up until the ball dropped and then went to bed since our kids don't sleep in.

This week we have a playdate with Lanie and Bristol and then the rest of the week we'll be running errands and staying home to try and avoid the nasty weather. We still have another 6+ months until we get some good consistent weather.
I think we should go to Hawaii until then.
A girl can dream :)

No comments: