Thursday, January 20, 2011

A cluster

This post has no organization, it's just a cluster of stuff we've been up to...so pretty much like most of my posts.
Doing her new favorite thing: the dishes
"Mom, can you stop making me say cheese so I can get back to the dishes, I am very busy."

Trying Moms shoes on

I watched Oprah the other day and her organization guy was on (I can't remember his name right now) who cleaned out this families house. They had a playroom stuffed with toys and he said, "Have the children pick out 5 toys each, those are the ones to leave out." I thought it was a great idea to simplify, plus I've heard less is better when it comes to toys.
So I ran to Costco yesterday, got 2 totes and went to town in Bria's room and her toy cube in the living room.
She still has more than 5 toys, like a lot more than 5 toys. But stuffed animals and books don't count so really she doesn't have too much more than 5, if you also don't count alphabet things 'cuz those are for learning, not just toys. The point is, I boxed up a lot of toys and put them in storage. Her room looks better and she doesn't miss anything I packed up, she still has her favorite toys. It's a win-win really.

While I was busy with the organization bug, these 2 cuties were chillin':
Watching TinkerBell together...doesn't get much better than lounging around with your best buddy.

Also this week I watched Bristol for a little bit, like half hour because Lanie's doctor's appointment was ridiculously short. These two cuties played pretty darn well together. Bria is getting soooo good at sharing and it is making me very happy. Don't get me wrong, she's still a toddler and has her moments, but she's made a huge improvement.
Did you know it's nearly impossible to get a picture of 2 toddlers looking at the same camera?
Bria looking

Bristol looking

Now I just need to photoshop ;)

Alright, I think that's the end of my random, cluster post. Friday is almost here people!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Ugh. Toy overload is the worst. I swear everyday that I am going to scale down Austin's toys, but I never do. Good for you and getting it done! And Bria is ridiculously cute washing dishes. Such a mini you! Glad you guys are well!!!