Thursday, November 04, 2010

Hello sunshine!

Well the weather decided to try and get back in our good graces because it is sunny and warm outside. It is fabulous. And if it keeps up then I forgive the weather Gods for the crappy summer we got.
Bria and I have been playing outside for the last 3 days and loving every minute of it. Now that she's getting older and more coordinated (as coordinated as a toddler can be) the playground has lots more options for her. It's nice to be able to watch her run around and play without having to help the entire time. Not that I mind helping her, but it's nice she is a little more independent when she plays.

Just seein' what it's like to walk in my shoes ;)
This weekend is Brian's birthday so we are going out to dinner on Saturday night and I'm really looking forward to a date night. Heather and Marna are going to watch Bria for us and I know she'll have a blast with them. Sunday we're all going to brunch to celebrate, and we'll bring a picture of Sara (Brian's twin) so we can take her out too ;)

Heather and Amy's friend, Paula giving Bria kisses.


Bria is a lover that's for sure :)


As most mom's of toddlers (and even older kids) know, leaving a fun place like a park, or someone's house, can result in quite the tantrum. In order to avoid this I've found it helps to have Bria say bye-bye to everything. She has definitely taken it to the next level, today as we were leaving our house to go to a play group she started telling everything bye bye. The pumpkins (which are still decorating the house), the kitty cat (on our Halloween night-light), the clock, the chair, etc. As cute as it was, it also took forever to get out the door and we were kind of in a hurry.
She is not only repeating words we say but entire sentences. What I love the most is when she comes up with things all on her own. Brian and I laugh at all her little sayings.
Here are a few:

Daddy: "How did you sleep last night, Bria?"
Bria: "Um, um. Good!"

(Leaving Target)
Bria: "Buh-bye Target, see ya later."

Mom: "Don't push Bristol, that's not nice."
Bria: "Bristol is fine."

She just started saying, "Nice to meet you." and when she falls down she'll say: "Oh. I fall down. I okay."

I think the sweetest thing she says is in the morning when I go get her:
"Good morning, sunshine."
She also says it when she doesn't want to go to bed, smart cookie.

It's pretty fun to listen to her talk all day. Although if we're in the car and I don't acknowledge what she said she'll repeat it 53 times to really hammer the point across. Brian thinks it's funny that I'm getting a taste of my own medicine.


Getting pj's on, look at those thighs!

All ready for bed.

Tomorrow we have plans to go to a fun little bouncey house and I'm looking forward to it. I think Bria will have a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love listening to them talk. Natalie mumbles all kinds of gibberish and then every once in awhile throws in a real word like, no or mmmhmmm. It cracks me up. Love Bria's thighs, lol. :)