Monday, November 08, 2010

Birthday weekend

"Happy Birthday Daddy!"

I think Brian enjoyed his birthday weekend. Dinner on Saturday night was fabulous and dessert afterwards at Papa Hadyn's was out of this world. Bria stayed at Heather's that night so when we came home we curled up on the couch to watch a movie. It was so weird to be in our apartment without Bria running around or sleeping in her room.
We got to sleep in on Sunday which felt great. When we finally went to Heather's to see Bria she was already tired out, and that is after a 13 hour nights sleep! I need to know their secret because she sleeps for 11 hours at home. Anyway, they played all morning and then we all headed to brunch, a holiday convention, Lowe's, and Kohl's. It was an incredibly busy day and Bria did so well, such a trooper. It helped having Heather and Grammy because we all took turns keeping Bria happy.
On the way home Brian picked up Subway for his birthday dinner (that's what he wanted!) and we came home and relaxed.

Friday night Aunt Jenny came up and we loved having her. Bria showed her how awesome TinkerBell is.
I think Jenny liked the cuddling :)

This big city living is dangerous. There are so many stores with all these great discounts so I go there to save money. But then it's weird because I spend a bunch of money. There's also a Starbucks on literally every corner and the Pumpkin Spice Latte is seasonal so I have to get it as much as possible to make it last all year long. And don't get me started on all the delicious restaurants that are all over the place. The restaurants are not good on my wallet or my waist.
But I'd be lying if I said all that is actually a bad thing, because in all honesty I love it. It's nice to have so many options so close by.
I just need to work on my purse strings and tightening them up a bit.

Afterall, sitting around on a lazy Saturday morning feels pretty good too.
And doesn't cost a thing.

No comments: