Saturday, November 27, 2010

Good things

The morning time is usually a really fun time in the Holcomb house. We bring Bria in bed with us and play. We say good morning to each other about 10 times, pretend to go back to sleep, cuddle, and watch videos on our phones of Bria (at Bria's request: "See Bria!"). But one of my favorite parts is going to get her, she always greets me with a sweet: "Good mowning, sunshine," and then makes a request of what she wants to bring with her. She likes to bring her blanket usually to cuddle, oh I just love this time.

This particular morning she wanted her baby doll.

I love toddler jammies.

"Give me the camera!"

Eventually Bria wants to get out of bed and we begrudgingly do. We start breakfast and then Daddy heads off to work.
Giving bye-bye kisses to Daddy.

Trying to escape and go with Daddy to work.

"Oh I hope he doesn't miss us too much while he's at work."

I sure love our mornings together. It's one of the many reasons I am so thankful Brian got his job with Intel. It makes such a difference starting our days together and I am truly grateful for it. Brian's job is going really well and he is so happy, which means I am happy too. He's home more and even though he does work occasionally in the evening, at least he's home sitting on the couch beside me. It makes all the difference in the world.

Once he leaves I try and figure out what we are going to do during the day. It gets hard in the winter (it's not fall anymore in Oregon) because going outside is not always an option, but at least once a week I know exactly what we'll do. Go see Lanie and Bristol. I love living so close to them and it's really nice to have someone to hang out with during the day, especially since I haven't really made any close friends yet.

"Um, Bria? I don't think you need to hold on quite so tight, it's not a real horse."


Although Bria tends to push Bristol and they aren't always the best at sharing with each other, they are learning and get better each time. It's nice because Lanie and I are also learning how to handle it and the best way to deal with it. They are really cute together when they want to be and now when I tell Bria we are going to see Bristol and Lanie she says, "Be nice to Bristol." So she knows she is suppose to be nice, that's a positive.

Bye-bye kisses.

I am really enjoying living here and love having so much shopping close by. We have so many restaurants we want to try and date night is always so exciting because we get to dress up and go some place nice. But still, my favorite part of living here is having Brian home more. It just gives me warm fuzzy feelings :)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Bria is so stinking cute in her jammies! And I'm so glad Brian likes his new job :o)

Kris and MaLanie said...

You have to send me those pictures of Bria and Bristol. They are adorable!! We love getting together and playing with you. It's the highlight of our week!